GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I hear from folks who have installed the lowering bracket. Did you do the install yourself? Any info you can provide is appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you wish.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I did mine. I put the bike on the factory center stand and got a long screwdriver that fits under the rear wheel. I loosened the bolts, held the tire up with the screwdriver, and removed the screws. Very easy to do if you take your time and watch what you are doing. To install do the reverse.

Just make sure you got the correct tools. The key to the process is being able to lift the rear tire up and down to get the holes aligned.

Randall

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did mine. I put the bike on the factory center stand and got a long screwdriver that fits under the rear wheel. I loosened the bolts, held the tire up with the screwdriver, and removed the screws. Very easy to do if you take your time and watch what you are doing. To install do the reverse.

Just make sure you got the correct tools. The key to the process is being able to lift the rear tire up and down to get the holes aligned.

Randall

Thanks for the information. What tools will the installation require?

·
Registered
989 Posts
quietrider...hope your not an aggressive rider!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Hassle is wrenching with little room, one of the three bolts was slow going on mine. Remember only able to use wrenches and no socket on one. Nothing a simple wrencher could not do. Just takes some time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lowering Kit

Be sure to install a Ratchet Strap, from the Center Stand to the Engine Guard, so the Bike doesn't Roll Foward......I had a friend roll his foward,$2,700.00 dollars to fix.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts