GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone making an adapter to lower the driver’s foot pegs? I am looking for a little extra leg room and don’t like the forward position of highway pegs. Would like to lower the pegs an inch or so. I know it will limit the lean angle, that’s not a problem for me.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I am not aware of such a product for the 2018+ Gold Wings. Roadsmith Trikes made "comfort controls" for the 2001-2017 Gold Wing which lowered the foot pegs, left foot shift mechanism and right foot rear brake lever by and inch AND moved them forward by 3 inches. I had comfort controls installed on my 2015 before my Alaska Trip and it made a considerable difference. However, no adaptation of their product has been produced for the 2018+ Gold Wings.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Kuryakyn 4328, I took these off my old wing. I think CIRO may have something too.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I got mine from cyclemax. They have a section for the 18&19 year bikes.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
There are a number of replacement foot pegs on the market that retain the same mounting position, but do any of the foot pegs mentioned above actually lower the foot peg position?

Reactions: remoandiris

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
There are a number of replacement foot pegs on the market that retain the same mounting position, but do any of the foot pegs mentioned above actually lower the foot peg position?
From Kuryakyn, the floorboards have 3 mounting positions to move them fore and aft.

All the great benefits of a floorboard in a smaller more affordable package! The 3/4" drop-style mount, with interlocking splines, provides more legroom and slight angle adjustability for added comfort. Maintain stock-like ground clearance for optimum control (5-1/2" long x 4" wide.

·
Registered
558 Posts
From Kuryakyn, the floorboards have 3 mounting positions to move them fore and aft.

All the great benefits of a floorboard in a smaller more affordable package! The 3/4" drop-style mount, with interlocking splines, provides more legroom and slight angle adjustability for added comfort. Maintain stock-like ground clearance for optimum control (5-1/2" long x 4" wide.

Best i can tell the boards you refer to do not Fit the 2018+ Goldwing ???

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Reactions: Drgsin

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
OK, but if you look closely at the link I provided it clearly states:

"Will Not Fit The 2018 Goldwing"

Are you using these on a 2018+ without modification ???
They will not fold up like the stock footpegs but they will move a certain amount, not a problem.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Is anyone making an adapter to lower the driver’s foot pegs? I am looking for a little extra leg room and don’t like the forward position of highway pegs. Would like to lower the pegs an inch or so. I know it will limit the lean angle, that’s not a problem for me.

Now that would be great! I could also use a bit more leg room.:smile2:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Reactions: Goldwing-Tour

·
Registered
203 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I did this on my BMW K1200LT and found that my boots were now below the faring and while it was cooler in the good weather, it was also much wetter in the rain!

Only lasted for one cross country ride and I went back to factory height pegs.

Just my 2 cents worth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts