GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
1,202 Posts
Was reading that sheet and it says it's formulated to "raise oil pressure". That made me wonder how this specific synthetic 10w30 could raise the oil pressure over any other synthetic 10w30 oil?

Reactions: remoandiris

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man just put in what Honda recommends I don’t understand how the snake oil companies stay in business. Honda is the largest engine manufacturer on the planet and commits billions and billions of dollars in research. They have the most reliable products in the world. If they don’t know what’s best for their engines no one does. Call it marketing or whatever you want. When it comes down to it who do you trust. You bought their brand didn’t you?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Man just put in what Honda recommends
Other than the Honda name, this oil IS what Honda recommends; API, JASO, 10W30, not energy conserving. Walmart's SuperTech ATV synthetic 10W30, too.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Yellow GL1800A
393 Posts
According to my 2003 owners manual, the “suggested oil is Honda”. It does not state to only use Honda oil, it only states what type. The owners manual also states, Do Not Pull A Trailer, Do Not Put A Car Tire On, Only Use Genuine Honda Accessories, Do Not Exceed Load Limits. It also tells us what the maintenance schedule is and it also tells us at what MPH to shift gears, So How Many Of Us follow our owners manual exactly as Honda recommends ??

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
I almost "thought" about purchasing a gallon of that Lucas oil, Till, I read what you "others" say about changing..I use the Honda regular oil now, and I've been happy..........EXCEPT, trying to find the nutual lately has become harder ~n~ harder..

Ronnie
8/3/22

Reactions: Wild Turkey

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
615 Posts
Man just put in what Honda recommends I don’t understand how the snake oil companies stay in business. Honda is the largest engine manufacturer on the planet and commits billions and billions of dollars in research. They have the most reliable products in the world. If they don’t know what’s best for their engines no one does. Call it marketing or whatever you want. When it comes down to it who do you trust. You bought their brand didn’t you?
Sooooooooooooooooooooo right !!! Nothing else to add.

·
Registered
17,664 Posts
Refreshing, refreshing! Drink that KoolAid.

prs

• Haha
Reactions: judgedredd331

·
Registered
2021 6 speed Wing, 2021 Kawasaki Z900RS, 2019 Road Glide
2,612 Posts
I have used Amsoil, Lucas, Mobil 1, Castrol, Valvoline, Motul, Klotz and Redline and various other oil brands in my motorcycles (and other toys) and not one of them has ever had an engine related failure......go figure!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Uhoh, I put Lucas 15-50 in my 08 4,000 miles ago, exploding in 5,4,3,2,,,,,,,,

Was that Lucas 10w50 synthetic m/c oil?

·
Registered
2018 Tour Manual
329 Posts
I almost "thought" about purchasing a gallon of that Lucas oil, Till, I read what you "others" say about changing..I use the Honda regular oil now, and I've been happy..........EXCEPT, trying to find the nutual lately has become harder ~n~ harder..

Ronnie
8/3/22
Maybe you're changing the oil too often. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
304 Posts
And yet.....they don't manufacture oil! So your argument is MOOT!!!

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
Maybe you're changing the oil too often. :ROFLMAO:
:eek: What, I have competition now, another oil changeOHLIC..... This world in going crazy, I tell you, "please, tell me it's not true"

Ronnie
8/4/22

1 - 20 of 21 Posts