GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stop by Luckenbach, TX next time you are in South Texas. There is only one.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Is Waylon, Willie and the boys gonna be there?? :lol:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Willie does stop by once in a while. Usually unannounced...draws too big a crowd...

I

·
0 Posts
Are we talking about Willie, the tax cheat?

Are we talking about the same guy who makes millions singing songs but cheats on his taxes while the rest of us honest folks pay our taxes, and have to make up for what he didn't pay?

Gosh..maybe he just couldn't afford to pay his taxes. Drugs are pretty pricy. Or maybe he couldn't afford a good accountant. Poor fellow. :roll:

Sorry folks..I just have no time for multimillionaires who don't pay their taxes. There simply is no excuse.

OK you Willie Nelson fans and defenders...Let the flames begin! Good luck.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John, I agree with you. The local papers have reported that the gov. has collected several million from him and takes a large percentage of his earnings to settle his tax bill. As you may know, once the IRS gets their teeth in you, they don't let go easily. Actually, I don't care for his music, but he did put Luckenbach on the map and me and the boys enjoy going up there (40 miles) and watching the bikes go by. There are several Boss Hoss bikes that show up...ya gotta like em....one has a set of mufflers (or none) that remind me of the old Chevy hot-rods. When he starts that monster, the leaves fall of the trees...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Great picture, George! That place is on my agenda, as soon as I can get to Texas hill country. Hopefully in the spring, 2007.

I

·
0 Posts
George Lewis said:
John, I agree with you. The local papers have reported that the gov. has collected several million from him and takes a large percentage of his earnings to settle his tax bill. As you may know, once the IRS gets their teeth in you, they don't let go easily. Actually, I don't care for his music, but he did put Luckenbach on the map and me and the boys enjoy going up there (40 miles) and watching the bikes go by. There are several Boss Hoss bikes that show up...ya gotta like em....one has a set of mufflers (or none) that remind me of the old Chevy hot-rods. When he starts that monster, the leaves fall of the trees...
George:

:lol: :lol: :D :D

Georgeous Bike! Have fun...Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Chief. It is a fun place, original and lots of bikes. You will be about 60 miles east of some of the great bike roads in TX. In fact, you will coming from the west and pass them before Luckenback. When you are heading this way, let me know and I will give you some great places to ride...I am [email protected] in real life.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Will do, George...thanks for the offer!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ron, missed Alamo Springs, where is it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
George, it's a little restaurant near Luckenbach, from Luckenbach, turn left toward 290 then turn left on Grapetown Road then turn left at the T and follow the road to the sign for the bat observatory, turn left there and the restaurtant is on your right about 1/4 mile...when you finish eating turn left past the bat observatory and follow that road, very nice road with lots of twisties...can't remember the names of the roads...

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
George, it's a little restaurant near Luckenbach, from Luckenbach, turn left toward 290 then turn left on Grapetown Road then turn left at the T and follow the road to the sign for the bat observatory, turn left there and the restaurtant is on your right about 1/4 mile...when you finish eating turn left past the bat observatory and follow that road, very nice road with lots of twisties...can't remember the names of the roads...

Ron, are you talking about the road that goes south called the number 9 or tunnel road where there is the overlook to see the bats come out of the old railroad tunnel? There is a road there that heads east, but never been on it. Is this where the cafe is? Close to NOWHERE...ha ha

That road is called the no. 9 road and goes to Comfort.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yep, the road that goes East is it...about 1/4 down the road on the right it Alamo Springs restaurant...we're usually in Luckenbach on New Years Day...we spend NY eve at the Hog Stop Inn...we go to Alamao Springs for dinner on NY eve also...

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ron, wow, talk about out of the way...the only way to find that place is with a GPS..ha ha I will try it soon. It is only about 30 miles from me. Thanks

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I sent you an email.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts