GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I have checked in from time to time since I sold my '03 wing last year. Things have improved with my wife's health and our financial situation is also much better. She is doing well and was recently approved for her SSI disability. We are living in Harrisburg PA now, about 4 hours east of our Pittsburgh roots. I'm working on the PA statewide public safety radio network...hence the move to the state capital. Another big plus with the job move was that I no longer carry a pager! Weekends and holidays off!! I haven't "had a life" for 20 years.

Today I filled out a credit application for a very clean black premium audio/navigation with comfort package and ABS. It has around 16k miles on it. The dealer has put 2 new tires on it and done all the required services.

Hopefully things will go my way and I'll be back on a GL again soon!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
wow most important is the wifes health the rest is gravy!!!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
:doorag::congrats: I agree with yw, wifes health #1. glad everything is working out for y'all, except the weather. lol :p

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Congratulatons! Especially your wife's health. Like YW said, now with the new opportunities available to you and yours, the rest is gravy!!! :thumbup::congrats:

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Glad to hear that things have turned around for you, all for the better. Hope you're back "in the wind" real soon.

:congrats:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yinz guys are right....her health is the best news of all. When she was in the hospital last year just after her stroke, I told her if she got well, we would take a trip on the bike again as soon as she could handle it. She says she doesn't remember, (much of the first 4 months of '08 are gone from her memory), but it broke my heart having to sell the bike before I could keep my promise to her. I have no doubt she can ride with me again so the prospect of getting another GL is double sweet for me!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Another Wing

:congrats: I am glad your wife is doing better. I hope you get another wing, & I think that you will. Both of you will have a great time riding together. It is great that you have a job & off every weekend.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hello to all. I have checked in from time to time since I sold my '03 wing last year. Things have improved with my wife's health and our financial situation is also much better. She is doing well and was recently approved for her SSI disability. We are living in Harrisburg PA now, about 4 hours east of our Pittsburgh roots. I'm working on the PA statewide public safety radio network...hence the move to the state capital. Another big plus with the job move was that I no longer carry a pager! Weekends and holidays off!! I haven't "had a life" for 20 years.

Today I filled out a credit application for a very clean black premium audio/navigation with comfort package and ABS. It has around 16k miles on it. The dealer has put 2 new tires on it and done all the required services.

Hopefully things will go my way and I'll be back on a GL again soon!
Best of luck to you and your wife. I know you'll enjoy this wing together even more than the last one. :congrats:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Good to hear you are coming back. You've had a tough year with the move and your wife's health. Hope things get back to normal. We get old enough to afford some of our dreams and then our bodies turn against us. I keep telling my wife if we don't have a doctors appointment then we better get out and do something before the next one. By the way the riding is just as good in Dauphin county as Washington. Good luck to both of you.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
As others have indicated, your wife's health is the most important issue. Glad to hear she is doing good.

It sounds like you have a good job now with good benefits and such. That's GREAT news!

Hope everything goes well with the purchase of your new Wing and both of you are back on the road soon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
:bow:praises your so is getting better,that my friend is like winning the lottery,health is something easy to take for granted until the worst happens.Great health to you and your wife.Glad your back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts