GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
So much for those "nay sayers" who say there is no time that it is necessary to "lay" the bike down....wet road and nowhere to go!!:eek:4::eek:4: One luckt biker!!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I don't think this proves the need to "lay 'er down." He was running from police, and presumably riding way too fast for conditions, etc. I think those that scoff at the excuse, "I had to lay 'er down," feel that if you ride defensively, always watching for potential hazards and adjusting your lane postion, speed, etc. in response, you shouldn't "have to lay 'er down." I thnnk that reasoning applies here - at least based on what little was reported.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I don't think this proves the need to "lay 'er down." He was running from police, and presumably riding way too fast for conditions, etc. I think those that scoff at the excuse, "I had to lay 'er down," feel that if you ride defensively, always watching for potential hazards and adjusting your lane postion, speed, etc. in response, you shouldn't "have to lay 'er down." I thnnk that reasoning applies here - at least based on what little was reported.

Bingo, we have a winner. :agree:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Also, :agree:

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
No matter the circumstances; he's one lucky dude!!!!! Was it luck; or was it the hand of the Almighty?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I don't think his skill had nothing to do with saving his bacon. If you noticed the bike hit the tire after the driver was ejected and the momentum caused him to slide forward and deflect off the back of tire underneath and out of the truck. I think he was lucky - if he was going a little faster or the truck a little slower he would have been squashed.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in awhile.

Lucky it did not take his head off at the neck.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I don't think he laid the bike down, from what I could see in the vidio. It looked, like usually happens, that he paniced, locked the brakes on a wet road, and the bike laid itself down. I dought he had any control of what happened after he locked the brakes. He was very lucky.l

1 - 14 of 14 Posts