GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried or does anyone know if the Kuryakyn luggage rack risers will work on a Show Chrome luggage rack? It's the tube type rack not the billeted one, think its call the Deluxe Rack. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
216 Posts
They won't work. the front legs for the SC rack are to close to the "hump" of the lid. The risers won't sit flush on the trunk lid.

Ask me how I know.

I've got a set of the Kury risers I need to sell.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Maybe I should clarify. This is the rack I have. I thought it was a SC. It may be, it may not be. Just not sure. If it is a SC rack the risers won't work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone tried or does anyone know if the Kuryakyn luggage rack risers will work on a Show Chrome luggage rack? It's the tube type rack not the billeted one, think its call the Deluxe Rack. Thanks Guys!
Mine looks like the pic noeyes posted. is the part number WSRBCOMBO? If so, it sits high (easily get under to clean) and you do not need risers BUT be sure to get chrome star washers to distribute point load...be sure you re-learn how to close the lip without slamming it. Good luck and measure twice, drill once!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the one pictured is an AddOn, not positive. It's NOT a Show Chrome. Rack has already been installed and there IS NOT enough room to get my big hands under it to clean/wax the trunk. Also have a spoiler installed, which makes matters worse.

Thanks for the suggestion Rocky!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts