GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an open question to Hal or anyone else who might know. I saw luggage rack risers (or spacers) on Hal's site. My question is will these raise the luggage rack enough to allow mounting the factory spoiler? Inquiring minds want to know.

Joe

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Joe.You can mount any rack with a spoiler..The problem is once the spoiler and rack are mounted,it's hard to get a cleaning cloth between the two.
So Kuryakyn came up with the Rack Risers..Once installed,you can then get your hands in between the spoiler and rack to clean them easier..

I put the rack risers on,and I like them..Read my write up with pictures here. http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hp?t=74853

·
Registered
134 Posts
I make a combination stress pad and riser, which I designed for myself. It raises the rack almost 3/4" and allows you to pass your hand between the rack and the spoiler for easier cleaning.

Being new to this board I haven't learned how to post a picture yet, but I will be glad to send you some info and photos if you want. My internet service at home isn't working well right now, but I will check for messages in the morning when I get back to work.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Joe, just about all the racks will allow the spoiler to be mounted under them as shipped. However, as stated, the spacing is a little close. Using the Pyramid washers will give just a little more room between the two. The OEM rack, which is the smallest, is also the lowest, and is the only one I know of that does not fit over the spoiler without spacers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts