GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the heading says, I am riding down to memphis thursday for lunch. Don't know exactly where I am having lunch but I can tell you I like wet bbq ribs. I am open to suggestions about the location. Predicting a noon lunch time.

See you out there
Smokey

·
Registered
559 Posts
Would love to ride up for lunch, but can't get away from work right now. Haven't been to Memphis for a while.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Interstate BBQ

Interstate BBQ used to have the best ribs in town. He won the Memphis in May BBQ contest and used to be my favorite place to eat when I worked in Memphis. It was not much to look at but it was clean and reasonable. I haven't been there in years now so I don't even know if it is still in business.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
For "Wet BBQ", go to NEELY's. YUM-YUM!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Would like to try Interstate BBQ....The World Famous Rendezvous in downtown was expensive, dirty and not in an area I would ever go again. Their ribs were dry style anyway.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Corky's on Poplar.
I go to Memphis once or twice a year for training and ALWAYS go to Corky's for their wet ribs. Go early as it's a small place and gets a line quickly. :thumbup: Fall off the bone tender and oh so good.

And really great Pecan Pie too!

·
Registered
825 Posts
corky's on Germantown Parkway has a lunch buffet on Wednesdays, it's great! If you need more info, let me know.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Interstate BBQ used to have the best ribs in town. He won the Memphis in May BBQ contest and used to be my favorite place to eat when I worked in Memphis. It was not much to look at but it was clean and reasonable. I haven't been there in years now so I don't even know if it is still in business.
I second Interstate BBQ. Great ribs at a reasonable price.Try their BBQ spagetti.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts