GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way dates are filling up, I figured I had better get this one listed before all the Saturdays are gone.... :lol:

Cherry Pocket Fishing Resort
3100 Canal Road
Lake Wales

27.99741N/81.54402W

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Schedule of Events

Parking lot story/lie telling, phase 1: 11:00am - 12:00 noon
Knife & Fork maneuvering competition: 12:00 noon - 1:30pm
Parking lot story/lie telling, phase 2: 1:30 pm - whenever

A nice group of us had a terrific time there last year, and I've taken several friends there since. The Cherry Pocket Fishing Resort (dont take the "resort" part too seriously) is out in the middle of the orange groves and lakes, on the edge of Lake Pierce, just a few of miles north of Lake Wales. Lake Wales is pretty central in Florida, at the junction of SR-60 and US-27, just south of Kissimmee. For mapping to Cherry Pocket, it's listed in both Streets & Maps and Mapsource, so you should be able to easily plug it into your GPS.

Here's a couple of pictures from last year's lunch ride...

:fullsize:

Attachments

· Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
JohnACman..., could you please add this to the Florida lunch schedule list...

Thanks...

· Registered
2013 Red GW
5,937 Posts
Done, oh great one from the north.

· Registered
2,542 Posts
Darn....can't make this one either Brian. I'm on shift work 24/48. You remember that dont' you? I'm on shift today, we gotta start getting some lunch rides on my off days. Hope to make the next one.
Wayne

· Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Darn....can't make this one either Brian. I'm on shift work 24/48. You remember that dont' you? I'm on shift today, we gotta start getting some lunch rides on my off days. Hope to make the next one.
I think you and Roy and Gary (Fl Cracker) are all on the same schedule. One of you is going to have to post the schedule so that we know when to schedule events... ;)

· Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One Bike Week lunch down, one to go.

Time to bring this one back to the top.... ;)

-

· Registered
418 Posts
We'll be there for sure , just a few miles for the house. Fireeater you and Lois going to be there? Kriss told me to ask. ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.