GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know if you plan on coming AND IF you want to go on the tour of the area.

WHEN: Saturday, February 21 HIGH NOON. Lets kick the tires around 11:30 or so and start telling lies...

WHERE: Little Joe's Hideaway (aka Lake Harris Hideaway), 11912 Lane Park Rd,
Tavares, Fla. 32778

Lake Harris Hideaway has some good appetizers, sandwiches, and salads. This place is biker owned, biker friendly.

Check it out at:

http://lakeharrishideaway.net/index.html

A ride is planned afterwards to help digest our lunch. Ride will be approx 1 hour and will cover some farm land, a few twisties, and Central Florida largest mountain (Sugarloaf Mountain). Basically just around Howey in the Hills and Tavares area. As a bonus, there is a German Bakery on the route that has killer desserts we can stop at if there is a desire...;)

Come one, Come ALL....

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
We're supposed to be heading out to Texas for a couple of weeks in Feb, but dont have any dates set yet. If we're here, we'll be THERE... :lol:

Table for two, please....

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure where people are coming in from. Hence, the short ride. For some, the ride to and from are long enough. If most are just coming in from Orlando/Sanford/Lakeland, I can make the ride longer.

If you want it longer, let me know...if you want it shorter, let me
know...:popcorn:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hey guys! Don't complain when the rides are in your own back yard, as there are alternatives.

For those wishing for a 'longer' ride, and not just a trip around the parking lot, why don't you try a trip to "Alabama Jack's" on Card Sound Road, on the way to Key Largo??

That would be a nice 150 mile one way trip for me and my wife, and we look forward to seeing some of you 'longer ride ' members there. ( Probably about 250 one way for Bev)

I believe that Bev would be there in a heart beat, so let's see if anyone else is as good as Bev !!

http://www.alabamajacks.com/

Enjoy the ride.

Harry.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
For those wishing for a 'longer' ride, and not just a trip around the parking lot, why don't you try a trip to "Alabama Jack's" on Card Sound Road, on the way to Key Largo??

That would be a nice 150 mile one way trip for me and my wife, and we look forward to seeing some of you 'longer ride ' members there. ( Probably about 250 one way for Bev)
Rather than losing it in this thread, why not start a new thread, and set up a lunch date for down there. It would be more like 250 miles round trip for Bev. We just did 510 miles round trip for lunch at Clark's in Jacksonville, so we'd likely go to one down in the keys too.

Pick a date..., pick a time..., pick a place..., start a thread. It's real easy.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for the comments Brian, you are right, and a thread for this should be posted soon. I did miss the <jk>, and at my age it is no surprise. Sorry.

At the moment we have family visitors from the UK, and Doreen , my wife, and I will try and get to some of the rides in the near future as they look like fun.

You are right about my guess at the mileage too, I guessed about 50 miles too much from my place, and Bev is about 50 miles North of me.

Enjoy the ride.

Harry.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
At the moment we have family visitors from the UK, and Doreen , my wife, and I will try and get to some of the rides in the near future as they look like fun.
They're always fun..., no matter if it's 5 bikes or 55 bikes. A great bunch of folks, and always guaranteed a good time. One of the things I like best about spending winters in Florida..., the lunch rides... :lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Hey guys! Don't complain when the rides are in your own back yard, as there are alternatives.

I believe that Bev would be there in a heart beat, so let's see if anyone else is as good as Bev !!

http://www.alabamajacks.com/

Enjoy the ride.

Harry.
Great Place, I was there last week. Would like to go again!

·
Registered
330 Posts
My wife and i should be in florida by then. Will be glad to get out of the snow. Will try to make it. Would like to meet some local riders.

Hope to see you. We will try

happy trails

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Another Canadian.... pretty soon we will be taking over the place, eh Brian? Glad to have you down too Ghostrider357. Drive safe, hope you don't hit any blizzards like we did a week or so ago coming down.

Shadow1

Hal

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Name Tags

If you're planning on attending this (and other) lunch ride, be sure to post your name here so that I can make up name tags. And let me know what you want on it..., on-line handle, real name, both...

Check out this thread for more info about our name tags...

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203154

-

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Why would I need a name tag everyone can pick me out of the crowd I am the Fat gray headed fart that rides a goldwing

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
1 - 20 of 116 Posts