GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congrats and I hope you enjoy you Wing as much as we all enjoy ours!

There are many different groups / events and gatherings to attend hope to catch you around as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Funhouse69

Congrats and I hope you enjoy you Wing as much as we all enjoy ours!

There are many different groups / events and gatherings to attend hope to catch you around as well.
Thanks, i just upgraded from a Valkyrie with 55k on it to the wing. I noticed that the Mass board is not that active (based on the dates of the posts). Is there a better site for local gatherings and rides that you guys monitor?

TIA
Shorty

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Not that far for a motorcycle :)
Not that far at all.

Best thing about Lowell is that it's only 3 miles south of the NH boarder and about 25 miles inland from the East coast.

Within 3 minutes from my house I can be on nice back roads going East, West or North and never encounter much traffic.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Shorty

Check out newengland riders some good info, ride for meet and great is fun Im from R I

·
Registered
22 Posts
NH is fantastic

Not that far at all.

Best thing about Lowell is that it's only 3 miles south of the NH boarder and about 25 miles inland from the East coast.

Within 3 minutes from my house I can be on nice back roads going East, West or North and never encounter much traffic.
I also have nice roads heading south from here, down thru Lakeville etc.

Soon we ride :)

Shorty

·
Registered
182 Posts
I fogot to say I'm from Uxbridge, lots of nice roads in CT. near my house.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Shorty,..you could plan a nice Cape ride, I'd go for that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bike night in Uxbridge

I fogot to say I'm from Uxbridge, lots of nice roads in CT. near my house.
I think i remember going to a bike night at a leather store in Uxbridge some years ago.

Do they still have it during the riding season? Does anybody remember the name of the place?

Shorty

·
Registered
532 Posts
Uxbridge

Rendesvous the blessing of the bikes is in the spring

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Same here, I'm from lovely "Lowell". ;)
I try to stay out of Lowell:joke:. It reminds me too much of Lawrence where I was born, grew up and still work.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I try to stay out of Lowell:joke:. It reminds me too much of Lawrence where I was born, grew up and still work.

Unfair comparison, drop by if you haven"t in a while.

Lowell has come a long way in past 12 years or so and we never had and don't have the corruption in City Government that exists in Lawrence, from the Mayor (Antigua) to the Police Chief to the school Committee.

Probably the worst run City in the country. :nojoke:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Unfair comparison, drop by if you haven"t in a while.

Lowell has come a long way in past 12 years or so and we never had and don't have the corruption in City Government that exists in Lawrence, from the Mayor (Antigua) to the Police Chief to the school Committee.

Probably the worst run City in the country. :nojoke:
Years ago, in its heyday, Lawrence was known as "Little Chicago." It's a prime example of Democratic entitlement policies.

To travel west from Lawrence, it's difficult not to drive through Lowell. Rte 495 is overrun with truckers. When on the bike, I will usually travel rte 113 through Dracut, pass ULowell North Campus and out the boulevard to Tyngsboro.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Years ago, in its heyday, Lawrence was known as "Little Chicago." It's a prime example of Democratic entitlement policies.

To travel west from Lawrence, it's difficult not to drive through Lowell. Rte 495 is overrun with truckers. When on the bike, I will usually travel rte 113 through Dracut, pass ULowell North Campus and out the boulevard to Tyngsboro.
It still the same or worst.

That's probably the best way, I'm sure you also know you could just go strait (Rt110) after the rotary (Major Drug route into Lowell from Lawrence) ridding all along the Merrimack River into Tyngsboro.

Have you notice all that Umass Lowell has been doing all around Lowell including the new Bridge over the Merrimack ?

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Any Wingers near Baaa-Haabour?
I had a friend in the AF in the 60's from Bar Harbor. Would like to know if he's still there, maybe get in touch.
Paul C. McFarland.
thecruiser

21 - 40 of 68 Posts