GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm being cheap here but I already have a StreetPilot 2610 with 2GB memory and complete maps for North America. Has anyone found a way to get the maps off one of these on to the MAC? I had the maps and etc. on an XP Dell notebook but I gave it to my daughter. {Once you use a MacBook hard to go back to Windows.... may be my only recourse. } I have Paralles and Fusion and VirtualBox all with XP and Win7 virtuals but would just like to be able to use OS X and plan routes to up load to the 2610.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I don't use my garmin much but have you installed Garmin base Camp and Garmin Road trip on your Mac? Free downloads from Garmin for the Mac.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just did this not too long ago. You can find what you will need at http://www8.garmin.com/macosx/index.jsp

I now have
Garmin MapInstaller
Garmin MapManager
Garmin WebUpdater
all installed. I also had been using a windoze computer and was also concerned I was going to have problems upgrading my maps. But once I got the above installed the sw automatically connected to a Garmin server and downloaded the latest version of the operating system and maps. I have lifetime maps updates. If I recall correctly, it took a good 2-3 hours to download everything and get it installed.

Paul

·
Registered
239 Posts
if windows is so lousy how come you wantta still use it? :joke: if you must use an os like mac do yourself a favor and get vmware. it just works. I use linux and use vwmare for ipud and my kodak printer stuff. works fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts