GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
So glad you got to enjoy the tunnel of trees. We (Betthe, Mikee & Hiyosilver) went through there on Saturday, which was a gorgeous day to ride it. Kind of narrow in spots, wasn't it?

You were probably on the bridge as we were in Mackinac City picking up some fudge. Please tell me you rode the paved lane. The toughest part of the bridge is coming to the uprights, losing the wind, then getting blasted again when you come out from behind them.

Sure hope you enjoy our beautiful state. Sorry about the weather, it was typical Michigan. Come back in winter, we do that very well and it doesn't change...damn cold and snowy for 5 months.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
:agree:Rode the tunnel of trees last summer. Very pretty through that area. Used to live in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario., so did a lot of riding in upper and lower Mich.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I was in Traverse City and the UP last Summer (late July). Magnificent! Our weather was better, too.

Thanks for the report. Nice job.

Brought back good memories. Thanks!

Be safe going home! :thumbup:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Every time I have ridden across the bridge they have been working on the paved sections. Guess where I ended up riding? Very interesting looking down the stacks on a ship! I didn't mind it but my riding buddy is afraid of heights. I think he had his eyes closed most of the way. :lol:

Even funnier when I conned him into riding across the Royal Gorge bridge!!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Is the tunnel of trees a two way road, hard to tell from some of the pics I have seen. Planning on going that way to go to Ottawa on the 75 . saw this and figured a detour was in order and was going to go the North---->South direction

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
bill52, I would double check with some local's.... but I'm pretty sure it runs in both directions. Nice little toot!

·
Registered
928 Posts
The road is two lane, one for each direction. They are quite narrow, but it is so pretty you don't want to drive fast anyhow. Watch the edges though when you go off, you are in deep do-do. Beautiful road enjoy the ride. Ride safe.

Crabby Bob'ster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts