GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed the header so you won't (or shouldn't :? ) have a scroll bar if your running 800 by 600. I set my screen to that with the old header and sure enough I had a side scroll bar :( I'm sorry about that, I figured I made the header less than 800 by 600 and it should be fine :( Guess I should have checked first :?

I have to tell you that I'm learning as I go, just like you all. Making a header change sounds like no big deal but it takes over an hour for me to do it. On this board you can't just load the picture and make your hyperlinks and call it good. You have to make the header, load the header to the site, create hot boxes for the hyperlinks, FTP a file down and go through the code and then adjust all your sizes so that the picture is displayed the right size and the hyperlink boxes are the right size and over the right text on the picture. Then you need to upload the file via FTP and check to make sure it all works and is the right size. :?

I have had help with that from the guy who runs my server and I would just send him the picture and say make it work. :) I had no idea what he had to do till last night when I loaded a header and it was all messed up :x There was no way to get a hold of him last night because it was late, so I had a crash course FTP and manipulating .tpl files :shock:
So now I can appreciate what Terry did for me when I asked to make changes in the header. Thank you Terry :s27:

Long story but that should help some of you unless there is an over sized picture in the message it's self.

Off to fix the other boards :?

·
Registered
364 Posts
What do you reccomend for the size of pictures in the messages? I've been saving mine on Big Bike Riders site at 640+480.
Thanks ..............KC
is that Boss Hoss your daily ride Lamont?

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KC said:
What do you recommend for the size of pictures in the messages? I've been saving mine on Big Bike Riders site at 640+480.
Thanks ..............KC
is that Boss Hoss your daily ride Lamont?
BBR Photo Post will resize your picture for you. You can load an 800 by 600 for the full size picture. Photo Post will then make a 400 by ??? and a thumbnail 120 by ??? The size to load on the board is the one right after you click on the thumbnail (400 by ???) That is the size of this picture.

Yes the Boss is my daily driver (that is when it isn't too cold) :eek:4:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Thanks...

...Thanks Lamont. The pics that I have posted hae probably been too large, so I'll go resize them. I use a high-res laptop and have the setting much higher than lots of folks, so the pics don't look too large on my screen. As you say, learning experience all the time.

Addition to my orignal post: Just went back and resized all the pics that I have linked to so that they are 400x... wide. Should be an improvement for some of the members.

·
Registered
258 Posts
LaMonster said:
I have changed the header so you won't have a scroll bar if your running 800 by 600.
Thanks for all your work on all these boards 8)

It has taken a little getting used to, but this is a solid format you are using now, with nice ammenities

It's getting better all the time and I like it! :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Damn, you're good Lamont!! Thanks once again for all you do to make this board work. We appreciate you. :clap2:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Hey Lamont! How do you get time to ride the "boss hoss" and work on the boards too?

Just curious. Maybe I need to look into time management. But what the heck, every day is Saturday for me anyhow! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts