GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pleasure of meeting up with Bob (Monk) for the first time today. I'm about two thirds of the way through a two month ride and noticed last evening that my front tire has been eaten up by the chip seal they use out here in the eastern part of the country. Not to worry, Bob called me when he heard that my tire was toast and said that he had a brand new one just waiting for me. He even took me to Honda of Russelville to have it mounted and brought me back to his place where he had loaned me tools to remove and install it. Now that's what I call saving the day. To top it all off, he made me aware of some great roads to ride, one of which is in the books after I left his place. Thanks Bob!

Just in case you want to take a peek, my blog is here:

https://bigleftitrips2019.blogspot.com/

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Ya the roads up there chew up tires ! Glad bob fixed ya up !

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
I really enjoyed the visit and I'm thankful I was able to help. You couldn't have planned a better placed to need a tire! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really enjoyed the visit and I'm thankful I was able to help. You couldn't have planned a better placed to need a tire! :thumbup:
Isn't that the truth. Hope I can repay the kindness some day if you're ever out west!
I rode 125 Peels ferry and then took 160 west in Missouri. Both were great fun, 160 was awesome, very smooth and no traffic until just before 65.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Isn't that the truth. Hope I can repay the kindness some day if you're ever out west!
I rode 125 Peels ferry and then took 160 west in Missouri. Both were great fun, 160 was awesome, very smooth and no traffic until just before 65.

After you took 125 from the ferry and joined 160, did you then pick up 125 again when it turns north at Reuters and run up to Bradleyville and back? I sure hope you did, while that section of 160 is good, it is not as good as 125 up to Bradleyville.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I didn't. However, I will be meeting a friend next week that likes to ride pretty hard so I'll talk him into it. :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Monk is a great guy who enjoys making sure other riders hits the best roads to enjoy riding the best of the Ozarks. Not to mention he knows all the best eating places. Monk my hats off to you for helping another rider out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Monk is a great guy who enjoys making sure other riders hits the best roads to enjoy riding the best of the Ozarks. Not to mention he knows all the best eating places. Monk my hats off to you for helping another rider out.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth saying again ... you won't find anyone better!

I love following the red wing!

Donnie

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
This post doesn't surprise me a bit. Monk is a great guy and loves to help others.

Can ride a bike pretty well too!

Glad you got your tire fixed and found a couple good reasons to return to the area; the roads, and at least one really nice guy. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts