GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Had a great time in the Dells. Thanks Randy and George and whom ever else made another successful Dells ride-in trip for all!

Made it home in under 2.5 hours....tire in tact!
dave

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Dave, glad you are home safe and sound Linda and I are home too!

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Just made it home. I can't remember when I have seen so many deer and had so many close calls!! Just before Rio the car in front of me pulled over to the side. I was far enough back I just thought maybe it was a pause that would refresh.
As I got closer I thought he hit a box in the road and as I swerved to avoid it I realized he hit a deer. I went back and it seemed that the deer just ran into the side of the car and the deer was no where in sight. They were OK so I left and continued dodging them all the way home. Man they were out tonight!!

Between Monks on Friday and the Bon fire tonight it was a great time!!!!:thumbup: Thanks George and Randy!!!!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Just made it home. I can't remember when I have seen so many deer and had so many close calls!! Just before Rio the car in front of me pulled over to the side. I was far enough back I just thought maybe it was a pause that would refresh.
As I got closer I thought he hit a box in the road and as I swerved to avoid it I realized he hit a deer. I went back and it seemed that the deer just ran into the side of the car and the deer was no where in sight. They were OK so I left and continued dodging them all the way home. Man they were out tonight!!

Between Monks on Friday and the Bon fire tonight it was a great time!!!!:thumbup: Thanks George and Randy!!!!
Just got back from my morning ride and quickly I realized it was not the morning for my normal back road ridin . Slowed it way down and toured back roads surrounding dells and delton . Brought back some great memories of the old dells . Still some nice views at sunrise not blocked by hotels . Seen fox , deer, turkeys , and a metric ton of squirrels this morning .

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
Made it home safe around midnight, a little on and off rain, didn't see any deer, thanks to everyone that attended and worked to keep the Dells ride in going !!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Cook and I just got home several minutes ago,had a great time, thanks George & Rail for setting very thing up and Jerry for the tour down to Ch. A and back, awesome roads. Saw one coyote in a field looking for some mice,but he was looking in pretty shape We'll plan on making the fall ride if all goes good this summer.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Made it home safe around midnight, a little on and off rain, didn't see any deer, thanks to everyone that attended and worked to keep the Dells ride in going !!!
Heard rumors you where at the Dells , where were you hiding ?

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Just walked in door . Now to unpack :?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Home sweet Home

We got home about and hour ago,unpacked,deb is doing some laundry so we can repack trailer so I can head out tommorow to Fraklin,NC for the Darkside ride inn!! Had a great time at Dell's get together and am waiting for the fall one! Next is the stone barn pizza night. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Shelley & I made it home around 1:00. Thanks everyone for another great weekend at the Dells. Now looking forward to Stone Barn pizza/camp out.
See you all there.
Ed
PS: keep us posted about the Fall Ride In.

update:
I called Anna at the motel to make reservations for the fall (Oct 3-4) and she said she already had us down. They sure do take good care of us.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Jen and I just got home as well. Thanks as always to Rail and George for all of their time and hard work in organizing yet another great Dells ride-in :thumbup:. Thanks also to Betty and others who made and brought the yummy treats!

I'm not sure that we could have ordered up better weather that what we had this weekend. It was perfect for riding (thanks John for leading a great ride on Saturday) and hanging out with the gang.

We've already booked our room, and are looking forward to the fall ride-in!

Ron and Jen

·
Registered
132 Posts
Michele and I are home as well. Thanks to George and Rail for all they do! Hope to see all this fall or sooner!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Funny thing, heading home and who do we see in the other lane going north on 39, 10 miles from Indian trial, the alien and his friends. We made it home safe and hot, it's over 80 degrees here and rain is fast approaching. See everybody in the first weekending of Oct.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
June, Loren and I pulled in a little while ago. Great time again as usual. Thanks to George, Rail, Jwen and all the ride leaders for fun weekend.
Congrats to all the high mileage guys................very impressive riding. Keep it up. Thanks Betty for the Great cookies ........I got a Darkside cookie.
What a fantastic group of people, my stomach and cheeks are sore from laughing so much.
Riding, laughing and friends do wonders for the soul.

June had the best Mothers day ...........thanks to Loren showing up. We had a very relaxing ride home, all back roads and sun shine.
Hope you Northern folk fair as well. Safe ride home. Loren also wanted to thank everyone. Said he will be back.

Thanks everyone

Lee June and Loren (Mixed up and confused Harley dude)

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I want to thank everyone for attending , as without all of ya George and I would eventually get bored at these weekends , eventually ,,maybe :lol::shrug:
Naw probably not .
But really without all ya attending this would be worth doing .
Oh and Buzz I will see about getting your wisconsin part time citizenship in order . I know some people .:cool:
Also huge thanks to Jim Street for those absolutely outstanding shirts ,,,again !!!
Anybody wanting a shirt made from him feel free to contact me or Jwen for Jim's details .

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
June, Loren and I pulled in a little while ago. Great time again as usual. Thanks to George, Rail, Jwen and all the ride leaders for fun weekend.
Congrats to all the high mileage guys................very impressive riding. Keep it up. Thanks Betty for the Great cookies ........I got a Darkside cookie.
What a fantastic group of people, my stomach and cheeks are sore from laughing so much.
Riding, laughing and friends do wonders for the soul.

June had the best Mothers day ...........thanks to Loren showing up. We had a very relaxing ride home, all back roads and sun shine.
Hope you Northern folk fair as well. Safe ride home. Loren also wanted to thank everyone. Said he will be back.

Thanks everyone

Lee June and Loren (Mixed up and confused Harley dude)
Of course Loren will come back , I never had a doubt . Great kid , sure he's yours ? :twisted::lol::joke:

·
Registered
874 Posts
We got home about 1:15PM Sunday. We rode in some rain, but not bad. Thanks to all who do the things that make these gatherings happen. Thanks to Wapkap (and navigator :lol: ) for leading the ride to Dodgeville. Special thanks to all that brought treats and coffee. Until next time...
Ron and Mary

·
Registered
341 Posts
Janice and I made it home around 1200 hrs. No rain. Saw a high of 75. Was dressed way to warm. Had another great time. Thanks Rail and George for all you do. Thanks Orrin for the great ride to New Diggins.

Mike & Janice.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts