GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time is fast approching for our journey to Madison. Was mentioned earlier about a "Meet and Greet" so my question this morning is "Are ya goin'?" We plan on being at Wing Ding on July 2nd, but will be in the area a few days before hand. Having lived for a short while in Reedsburg, Wi. as a kid and returning to the area several times for vacations, wife and I are really looking forward to this trip. Any thoughts from those going as to where we could grab a lunch and a hand shake ? Our basecamp will be in the Dells. Ride aware, Dave

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm from the Baraboo area (grew up there) living not to far away. The wife and I will be there. We have been a few of the fall and spring wisconsin dells rallies. Hope you have a great time coming back for a while.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I will be there. My riding partner has backed out due to health issues. I have a double queen room at the Clarion Suites across the road from the Energy center if anyone wants to split a room.

·
Registered
502 Posts
My wife and I will be there from the 1st to the 6th. Would sure like to meet anyone from the board while were up there from NJ.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
My wife and I will be there from the 1st to the 6th. Would sure like to meet anyone from the board while were up there from NJ.
Hey Bill, this is great news. Always good to catch up with good friends. Any of the other Jersey gang going? Now THAT would be a hoot for sure. We plan to be in the area by the 2nd. Tom, since you are the "local guy" any suggestions/ideas?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'm working on it.
I wonder if we should all meeting right at the rally.
From there, we could decide on a place for lunch.
Madison is very busy during the day so it would have to be some place off the Beltline.
That way it would be easy on easy off.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I'm working on it.
I wonder if we should all meeting right at the rally.
From there, we could decide on a place for lunch.
Madison is very busy during the day so it would have to be some place off the Beltline.
That way it would be easy on easy off.

Hey Tom, I might suggest picking a place that you enjoy, or know about and throwing it out there. Those that want to go will. If it involves chow, the chances are good you will have a nice turn out. As for meeting at the rally, sure, as it will be hard to miss the short round guy in the wheelchair who is loving life.:thumbup:

Are you and Bob still planning to catch up with each other? If so, let me know when and where. That picture would be worth a thousand words for sure. LOL

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey there Jim GREAT to here your going we need to hook up I hope Nancy will be with you. My buddy and his friend will be with us on this trip. Jim I will email you my cell # please call me when you get there like I said we will be there from the 1st on.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Pretty much what Wheels said. In Knoxville one of the basically locals found a place and put it on the board and a big bunch showed up. As my short twin said got to put a handshake on him among others. BTW I'm much better looking that Jim don't need the facial hair to cover anything up.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Jim, I first read that as "a short round guy with a LOVING WIFE" not life .
Just so everyone knows, I have to get my F-4 windshield replaced as soon as the rally opens on wednesday.
After that we are free.
Bob said he would be there.
I'm going to check wth my son in Madison, to see where he suggests to eat.
I know a lot of places but they are downtown and that's a zoo.

·
Registered
522 Posts
YES, we're going / ??

We're leaving tomorrow AM heading for Minnesota and the Roadsmith Party on Monday the 30th, then down to Madison for the Ding Monday night arrival, Day's Inn downtown ? so we'll be around July 1st and until sometime after noon on the 2nd heading for Murray & Hannigan for a tour on the 3rd and maybe by Niehaus if we have time. We have a wedding to attend on Sat. the 5th so a little rushed.... Guess I'm meeting Tom at F4 so he can get his windshield replaced, think Johnny was also meeting there early AM on Day 1 July 2nd .... so we'll be there 1st thing and then wandering aimlessly around the show !!! If there's other plans let her fly..... we're listening.... have no idea on places to eat!! :shrug:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
. . . wandering aimlessly around . . .
I have been known to do this. LOL Hey Tom, since you ride that "other" bike around up north, where would be some fun things to go and sight see. Figure I should get up near the lake and see if I can catch Big Foot. Suggestions welcomed. Need to get the bike into ND and MN for the stickers so suggestions welcomed from you northern guys.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'll bring a map and show you some nice places to ride.
You could spend a whole week up in Upper Michigan and still not see everything.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hitting the road in the morning surely there is a DQ some place close!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Jim, I first read that as "a short round guy with a LOVING WIFE" not life .
Just so everyone knows, I have to get my F-4 windshield replaced as soon as the rally opens on wednesday.
After that we are free.
Bob said he would be there.
I'm going to check wth my son in Madison, to see where he suggests to eat.
I know a lot of places but they are downtown and that's a zoo.
replaced you just got that F-4 --- you're getting a vent put in , right

·
Registered
784 Posts
What is wrong with your f4?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm planning on staying in Michigan on Sunday night then Appleton on Monday night and Madison the rest of the week

Although I'm not on a trike I'd be happy to meet any of yall

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If you're from the East, don't miss Culver's! It's a throwback to the 50's where all the kids where white uniforms and wear identical hats! Good food and great ice cream!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
What do you think about this place http://www.5thquarter.biz/ordereze/Menu/Menus.aspx

Looks like it could hold a few of us and the prices look OK, and the menu is about right and there is an Ice Cream place near by. It is also out of the area a buit thus may not be as busy. How about a 1:00 PM Lunch Run on the 2nd?

Let me know and I will call the place today to see what they can do for a "group of ???????????????? LOL"

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'll be busy. I thought Pizza Man was setting this up, oop's I must have missed the memo about you taking control of the reins but no surprise!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts