GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 18 gw dct airbag. I didnt like the wind on my shoulders and the over all wind management of the stock windshield. Madstad at the time was swamped with work and had no windshield. So I got an f4 20 which was ok and better than the stock one. It did have a little distortion at the curve part which was no biggie.
A little time went by and I visited madstad which is close to my house. Talked to mark and cody about what I felt I needed and they whipped me out a prototype. Wowser ; nice ! More shoulder relief and great overhead flow. Its very mellow on the shoulders and whats really freaky you can open a modular helmet completely while at speed and not get your head blown off. Madstad windshields uses the stand off system where wind blows over in front of and in back of the windshield while moving to prevent buffeting. The neat thing about this is when its raining the little drops that form on the top of the windshield dont blast you in the face ; the wind blowing up the back of the windshield blow the rain drops over your head. Of course you have to be going fast enough to have some wind , duh. This one is exactly the same size as the F4 but works much better for me. It also allows hondas puny wind vent to actually do something. Mine is clear and size wise I am 5'10". I sit on an air pad which raises me up about 1/2 inch. I can see over the top when fully down and look through with ease when fully up. It doesnt have the scratch resistance of the F4 but after about 4000 miles its still scratch free and Im no pampering princess. Road across the country and live on a mile long dirt road. Its a keeper for me. I have no idea about passenger input cuz she doesnt ride anymore. No pics because Im lazy. Looks like any other windshield! It stands off the stock mount about an inch ? and goes up and down with the stock controls. Price wise Im guessing half of the competition. Dont quote me on that ! Call madstad for more info and to hurry them up.:capwin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did they give you any idea when they thought these would be in full production? There’s nothing on their website yet for a 2018+ wing

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they give you any idea when they thought these would be in full production? There’s nothing on their website yet for a 2018+ wing
no indication ; give them a call

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I have an 18 gw dct airbag. I didnt like the wind on my shoulders and the over all wind management of the stock windshield. Madstad at the time was swamped with work and had no windshield. So I got an f4 20 which was ok and better than the stock one. It did have a little distortion at the curve part which was no biggie.
A little time went by and I visited madstad which is close to my house. Talked to mark and cody about what I felt I needed and they whipped me out a prototype. Wowser ; nice ! More shoulder relief and great overhead flow. Its very mellow on the shoulders and whats really freaky you can open a modular helmet completely while at speed and not get your head blown off. Madstad windshields uses the stand off system where wind blows over in front of and in back of the windshield while moving to prevent buffeting. The neat thing about this is when its raining the little drops that form on the top of the windshield dont blast you in the face ; the wind blowing up the back of the windshield blow the rain drops over your head. Of course you have to be going fast enough to have some wind , duh. This one is exactly the same size as the F4 but works much better for me. It also allows hondas puny wind vent to actually do something. Mine is clear and size wise I am 5'10". I sit on an air pad which raises me up about 1/2 inch. I can see over the top when fully down and look through with ease when fully up. It doesnt have the scratch resistance of the F4 but after about 4000 miles its still scratch free and Im no pampering princess. Road across the country and live on a mile long dirt road. Its a keeper for me. I have no idea about passenger input cuz she doesnt ride anymore. No pics because Im lazy. Looks like any other windshield! It stands off the stock mount about an inch ? and goes up and down with the stock controls. Price wise Im guessing half of the competition. Dont quote me on that ! Call madstad for more info and to hurry them up.:capwin:

:fullsize: No pictures?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Larry, I am glad you finally got that windshield because now you can quit bitc**ng about it. See you in Oct.

Reactions: laen

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: laen

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Madstad windshields are awesome. And the guys there in Brooksville are awesome As well...

·
Registered
786 Posts
3 years in you would think madstad would have something on there website by now. I’m looking for something wider, tinted and with a curved top at 18” of less in height

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im still riding around with the prototype waiting for madstad to do the brackets. Next month will be a year.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Im still riding around with the prototype waiting for madstad to do the brackets. Next month will be a year.
"A little time went by and I visited madstad which is close to my house. "

Maybe you could drop by there and see what's happening with them?

Reactions: gkarasik

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"A little time went by and I visited madstad which is close to my house. "

Maybe you could drop by there and see what's happening with them?
I live 10 minutes from there. I go by frequently. Mark says they are busy. If everyone gives them a call it would help.

352-848-3646 inquiring minds want to know

·
Registered
558 Posts
I sent Mark an email back in March and someone from customer support replied that there was no active development on a shield for the 2018+ Goldwing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts