GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have this system, do you use it on the wing? Do you have any issues with moisture? How do you have it mounted? I'm ready to buy the 700 but I'm leary about the above and using it on the wing. (I finally got my wife's ok to buy a GPS and she wants the Magellan). Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I got the Roadmate.... I'll post pics if I can figure out how to mount it. It comes with a docking station similar(but way smaller) than that of the Delphi Sky-Fi.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bubba,
We have used the 700 in the car on one long and several short trips and love it. No maps to download and no notebook computer to carry with you. Perfect for those who like to change plans mid-trip and pick destinations as the trip unfolds, as my wife and I do. The amount of info in the on-board memory and the detail of the maps is impressive. It lacks some of the features of the Garmin models, such as being able to plug in latitude and longitude for an address, but I don't know the coordinates of a single location outside of seeing them posted on this board occasionally.
Jim

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm slowly finding out the pluses and minuses.. Thank you for the opinion. I like that it doesn't require any further purchase except mounting bases to switch vehicles. Once the RAM mount is released I'll try it on the wing. I don't think there is any way to wire to the intercom system. With the radio, the CB and the intercom all in my ear, I'm not sure I want to introduce another noise. LOL

·
Registered
343 Posts
I contacted Magellan about a month ago concerning the 700. They told me up front that this was not designed for use on a motorcycle. They said it is too sensative to vibration and moisture for this application. The hard drive will most likely give out. :no:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts