GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magellan RoadMate 5430T-LM

S O L D !

I purchased this Magellan RoadMate 5430T-LM about a week ago. Amazon described it as having almost everything I wanted in a motorcycle GPS - large 5 inch display, Free Lifetime Maps, Free Lifetime Traffic, Traffic Camera Alerts and a headphone jack so I could hear through the helmet speakers. Here is a link to the Magellan site for more information: http://www.magellangps.com/Store-Subcategories/RoadMate-5430T-LM.

What I didn't anticipate is how different Magellan is from Garmin. I've never used anything but a Garmin, and really don't want to learn Magellan, so I purchased a new Zumo 660LM from GPS City.

If anyone is familiar with Magellan, and wants an almost new one (it's never left my desktop), I will sell this one for $60 shipped anywhere in the Lower 48. PayPal is preferred, but I'm flexible. Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Is this unit only battery operative? Does it come with a plug in DC adapter?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

It comes with a 12 volt DC power cable while on the road and a USB cable for charging the battery at home. Thanks for looking.

Jim

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Price reduced!

Jim

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will this take a charge with a USB cord to a cigarette lighter? I'd use it on my bike and would need to supply power. Thank you
This unit goes into "charge/data exchange" mode if you plug in a USB cable from a computer, but it can sense when a 12 volt USB cable is plugged in so you can charge and navigate while driving. In fact, the suction cup mounting cradle connects to the device using the USB port.

Jim

·
Registered
227 Posts
This unit goes into "charge/data exchange" mode if you plug in a USB cable from a computer, but it can sense when a 12 volt USB cable is plugged in so you can charge and navigate while driving. In fact, the suction cup mounting cradle connects to the device using the USB port.

Jim
Is it still available?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This GPS device has been sold to member 2slim. Thank you.

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts