GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally heading up from Florida to enjoy some cooler weather and do the Gap and the Blue Ridge. Anyone going to be up there give us a shout and we will do lunch or dinner. We have 3 wings from Gainesville "chompin at the bit" to go. Leaving on the 5th and staying in Commerce Ga for 1 night and then we're there.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Let me suggest eating at snappys.It's listed as an Italian restaurant but the prime rib is excellent. Salads are very also.Prices are reasonable.In a little shopping center on main drag.There is a pancake house for Bfast that is very good. Country ham will make you slap your pappy.I also have info on a motel there that caters to bikes.I didn't stay there(it was full).but I looked at rooms and got info.You can pm me if interested.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Charlie
Maggie Valley & Cherokee is GREAT PLACE, we stayed in Cherokee right after the Wing Ding.
You'll enjoy the roads, not one is bad :wink:
We rode the BRP from Ashville to Cherokee, the following day we did the Dragon & the Cherahola Sky. rt 19 to Cherokee is a little lumpy :roll:
not too bad..

enjoy
Pat G

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. We already have a bike friendly cabin that we reserved last year. I appreciate the eating info because that is what we do best :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We go at least once a year but this is the first time on the Wing. Packing is going to be the trick. We will have one Wing that will be trailering so that will help some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts