GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I went for my maiden flight on not only on my Continental ContiProContact SSR , but a BT45 on the front also. WOOO!! DOUBLE DARK!!

First thoughts --

Scary on my driveway. But, my driveway is a 1/4 mile long gravel driveway, no more scary than the old tires.

Out on the road, I noticed it did pull with the road crown, but, this was a small section of road where the road has a HUGE crown to it. No big deal at all. Even if it "snuck up" on me, wouldn't have been a big deal at all.

After I got going, and hit some twisties that I am very familliar with, it felt just a little weird, but not a bad weird. Just a little different. I kind of imagine it would be like riding one of the crotch rockets one day, then the next day riding it with an extended swing arm. I then took some twisty roads that I am NOT familliar with, and, well, it just plain works!!

Overall, I'm totally sold. Rides great, the difference in feel is very subtle, and easy to manage. Couple that with the safety of RF tire, that should last maybe 3x what my D250 lasted -- this is a WIN - WIN folks!!

In all, did about 50 miles, then came home to double check all my torque values and of course post this. Crazy thing is -- when I turned on the computer, Murgie must have somehow known I took it for the maiden flight, cuz my number was here waiting for me!!!!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE INFO AND IDEAS!! Now I gotta figure out the whole sig thing...

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: Test Pilot! you will find that if you just go out and ride, you won't need to do much figuring!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
:oops::oops::oops: didn't see you was talking about your sig line!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts