GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2012 GW. I learned alot about these bikes from you on this site and I thank you for all the information you guys provide.

I got back into riding about 15 years and have been riding other brands but was always intrigued by the GW and finally pulled the trigger. I hate I waited so long.

After putting a few hundred miles on it locally the wife and I just got back from doing about 2,000 miles. Though this bike, like everything else I've ever had, has room for improvement, the bottom line (IMO) is that this thing is a BEAST!

I apologized to the wife for having her ride the back of anything else over the years. She has forgiven me and is as happy as I am with the bike.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
:congrats: and welcome to the forum!

·
Administrator
3,570 Posts
Congratulations, Dadof2. You're going to enjoy the Goldwing, but then you already knew that!

Also, welcome to the GL1800 forum. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge and information here, with people willing to answer any questions you have. I hope you enjoy both the bike and the forum.

Glen

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
I just got a 2012 GW. I learned alot about these bikes from you on this site and I thank you for all the information you guys provide.

I got back into riding about 15 years and have been riding other brands but was always intrigued by the GW and finally pulled the trigger. I hate I waited so long.

After putting a few hundred miles on it locally the wife and I just got back from doing about 2,000 miles. Though this bike, like everything else I've ever had, has room for improvement, the bottom line (IMO) is that this thing is a BEAST!

I apologized to the wife for having her ride the back of anything else over the years. She has forgiven me and is as happy as I am with the bike.
Waydago, Dadof2,
Here's hopin' for many many miles of SMILES. :thumbup:
And Welcome to the board.
thecruiser

·
Registered
25 Posts
My wife also decided our next bike would be a Goldwing. We looked at the Vision, the Ultra Classic and some used BMW 1300LTs. I wanted them all. Then we just "stopped in" at the Honda dealer to look at the 2010 Goldwing. We took it for a spin and my wife wrote the check on the spot. I am now the pilot for her Queen's Throne. ;) Poor me....

·
Registered
714 Posts
:congrats:

Welcome to the forum.

Good choice.

I used to ride HD's and after long trips it would take me several days to recover from the vibration. Like you said, maybe there is room for improvement, but that is going to be the case with anything you get. IMO I don't there is such a thing as a perfect bike for everyone.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
You said it all....for riding across country or short hops out of town (especially with the Mrs.)..the GL1800 can not be beat. Congratulations on the new bike. Just be careful out there. Their are careless people trying to harm us!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats: and welcome aboard!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
568 Posts

Yep, I know that feeling. Put my wife through the same ordeal and gave her the same present, a goldwing and she loves it too. Congrats, Welcome and a big :thumbup: to many trouble free, harmonious miles. :congrats:

·
Registered
85 Posts
My wife caused it all

My wife was behind me for 1800 miles on my ST1300 this year. She met me at the dealer as I turned my bike in for the 'major' valve job that was over due. That maintenance and some other work I needed was going to cost about $1200. As we were leaving, I suggested we just look at what the dealer had on the floor. When the dealer came up and asked if he could help, she immediately started making a deal. My mouth just about hit the floor. In two weeks I have 1200 miles. She has almost 350 of that behind me. And she loves it.

TO be fair, we had postponed the purchase earler this year due to job insecurities that have passed. It really wasn't if we were purchasing, but when. We got a much better price, trade offer and loan rate then we ever imagined. Maybe closing on the last day of the month does matter. Not spending the money on maintenance helped also.

Oh yeah, she did the dealing and in addition to the great deal, she got a free tank of gas.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
WELCOME to the fourm, and :congrats: on the bike.

·
Registered
267 Posts
:congrats: on your new wing.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Nice move!

Congratulations and welcome.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Congratulations on the bike ! I've heard that something like 80% of Goldwings are "purchased" by wives

1 - 19 of 19 Posts