GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my Maiden Voyage on my Pirelli CT. OMG!!!! What an exciting ride !!
After driving around my neighborhood for a few minutes getting used to the new feel I took a spin on my favorite road Maryland RT 25 or commonly known as Falls Rd. It was exilirating to say the least. It is a nice curvey road that is quite popular during the summer months.
The difference was very noticable.On the turns the rear of the bike was much more stable with less squirm and wiggle. Coming out of the turns it was obvious that the wider profile of the CT had a feel of wanting to upright the bike by itself, like it wanted to lead. Other than that the CT gave me a feeling of stability and that stickin to the road atitude, I guess due to the flatness once again.
As far as installation I took it to a shop to have the tire mounted on the rim. It can be difficult if you don't have the proper tools and it was worth the cost. My tire had to be cut off, the shop where I took it to had a manual tire machine and the mechanic actually broke one of the tools trying to get the old tire off.
I took the new tire to a local shop who had a new tire machine and after a little difficulty was able to install it in about 10 minutes. Save yourself the aggrivation and have someone do it for you, it's worth it.
On laying the bike over to remove the tire I had to add a 2X4 under the front bar to give enough height to get the bike up high enough but I still had to use a jack to get it high enough to get the tire out. To install the new tire I removed the left exhaust pipe and then sprayed some WD40 on the top of the tire and inner fender where it was a little tight. The inflated tire popped right in. Also my bike layed over all night while I was getting the new one mounted, I let it set upright for about 1/2 hour and it started right up with no problem.

So I quess it's time to get my number to proudly wear as a badge of honor.
Thanks to all who helped with the questions I had.:doorag:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Frmted,

As you now know, and as podo has also said,

THE FUN HAS JUST BEGUN:congrats:! Enjoy the ride.

John

·
Smoky
1,191 Posts
Frmnted,
:congrats: !
Welcome to the enlightened "DARKSIDE" :biggrin: ! It only gets better from here on out :yes1: !

·
Registered
796 Posts
I love hearing these stories....they all start the same, "OMG....it is awsome." Can't wait to hear about your further exploits. Have fun and enjoy the smiles. Welcome.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Broke the tire mantler's tools? Man, what kind of tire was on that rascal? I don't have any problems taking the old tires (MT/CT) off the rim. Off course it is a different animal getting them back on. Glad you made it over. It is an awesome ride, ain't it?

·
Registered
331 Posts
:congrats::agree:Welcome ,the ride and safty factor is great enjoy:thumbup:
mrwelaxn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts