GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are on a long tour to the Maine lobste festivile in Ro kland ME The ride from VA was great and he back roads wer some of the best we have riden I did seeq a bunch of wings on tne two day trip so if you saw a bunch of wingers with trailers up north let us know

·
Registered
693 Posts
Festival

I would like to know more about the Maine Lobster festival. We will try to make it next year. If you don't mind I would like the name of the town and date so I could get some info to plan a trip. We seem to always find out about activites after they are over. Thanks Bill D.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The event is held in Rockland ME every year in Aug i will give a report on sat

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey, Joe--
In addition to hearing more about the festival, I'd love to know some of the 2-lanes you used between Virginia and Maine. I've made several runs from NC to NY using 2-lanes almost exclusively--much more pleasant for me than Interstate riding. I'm also considering a ride to Maine. If you'd share any of the roads you liked, I'd appreciate it!
Thanks--
OB

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OB

Greetings and i will share the route when i settle down tonight. I have to call up the route from my on board nav. Heading out to explore Maine for one last day

Joe

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Several months ago I done got myself retired (as in no workie workie and not new tires), and playfully told co-workers that if I felt the need for a bowl of fresh clam chowder, I'd hop on the scooter and head northeast to Main and satisfy that craving. The last week or so, there have been numerous articles about fresh seafood in Maine.

Is this a sign?

Anyone else from AZ want to go get a bowl? Perhaps some freshly baked crab/lobster on the beach?

- David

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Several months ago I done got myself retired (as in no workie workie and not new tires), and playfully told co-workers that if I felt the need for a bowl of fresh clam chowder, I'd hop on the scooter and head northeast to Main and satisfy that craving. The last week or so, there have been numerous articles about fresh seafood in Maine.

Is this a sign?

Anyone else from AZ want to go get a bowl? Perhaps some freshly baked crab/lobster on the beach?

- David
David

The Seafood Gods are definitely whispering in your ear. :yes1:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
MMMmmmmmmm fresh lobster...... ahhh the memories.

When I was stationed in Brunswick in the early 80's, I use to be able to get those little buggers for $1 a pound right off the boats and they would steam em right there on the pier for ya.....:thumbup:

My wife named her's Sammy once and has been a running joke ever since... :shock:

·
Registered
901 Posts
maine bound

I headed out through Flagstaff on Friday, 8/12/11. then up into Colorado for a couple days, then on to Wisconsin to get some cookies! And see my new grandson, then on up to get some Maine lobsta.
Just mounted my Bridgestone Turanza 195/65/16 on my 99 GL1500 today. Have @ 1/8" to drive shaft side of swingarm @ 41lbs. Have to repair my alternator before I head out, leaking oil from seal behind the drive flange :eek:4: and change the oil. Have to go p/u a darkside front tire tomorrow and mount it. Where do I get them COOKIES? & number/decal?????:excited:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Every year we ride from WV to Rhode Isl. for the weekend to eat all you can eat lobster at the Nordic Lodge. I would also be interested in hearing about this festival.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
When I was up that way several years ago....they had McLobster Sandwiches at McDonalds....ha...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I say we all get together next year and ride to the fest. Who,s in?????

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I could be talked into that.:thumbup:

·
Registered
905 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts