GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we may be vacationing in Maine this June. We'll be camping with a one-ton dually with a slide-in camper and towing the Wing. (bike related)

I wanna take our time and find a campground as we travel where ever we end up. My wife is afraid the campgrounds may be filled and we will have trouble finding a vacant spot. It's been over 40 years since we've been there, just how hard is it to find a vacancy in campgrounds without a reservation?
thecruiser

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Like any place during tourist season - GOODLUCK! I am in Windham Maine, about 15 miles from Portland. If you get desperate send me a msg via the forum. I am on it daily.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tend to fill up. do they?
thecruiser

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks like we may be vacationing in Maine this June. We'll be camping with a one-ton dually with a slide-in camper and towing the Wing. (bike related)

I wanna take our time and find a campground as we travel where ever we end up. My wife is afraid the campgrounds may be filled and we will have trouble finding a vacant spot. It's been over 40 years since we've been there, just how hard is it to find a vacancy in campgrounds without a reservation?
thecruiser
Hello cruiser, Recommending you investigate Freeport Village Campground. We snowbird/summer there . Small, about 25 permanents & approx. dozen transient spaces w/easy access and space. 2 mi. from Freeport, shopping mecca, about 1 mi off I295. Most people that we've met in your traveling status totally satisfied. Very friendly etc.etc. A good location if you want to Wing it around the area for a while. If interested give them a call as this is popular and I think friendliest campground around. Hope this helps. I get in about 10 June and very knowledgeable with biking in Maine. V/r Easy Ed

·
Registered
130 Posts
www.meadowbrookme.com

We are located outside of Bath, me. towards Popham Beach. June is still open for us and we have hook-ups and the riding is great. I ride a- goldwing trike from here. Check out our website www.meadowbrookme.com . oh yea and we cook lobsters everynight for our campers. if you need more info please feel free to give me a call 850-814-0616. my winter home is panama city beach, fl

triker tom

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ed and Tom,... Thanks for your posts.
thecruiser

·
Registered
333 Posts
camp grounds

try lake pemaquid campground.meadowbrook is also a good one been there myself.i take in lake pemaquis every year. hadleys in bar harbor another good one.if you need a over night you can spot by my place in woolwich maine.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the offers, guys, but I found I'll be having surgery in June that will put me out of commission for about 3 months. The trip to New England will have to wait.
Thanks again,
thecruiser

1 - 8 of 8 Posts