GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are planning a trip to Maine in July and would like to know if anyone could give us some advise on scenic roads not to miss. We plan on going to Portand and then along the coast line to begin, but from there we have no concrete plans.

Any advise or comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
My wife and I are planning a trip to Maine in July and would like to know if anyone could give us some advise on scenic roads not to miss. We plan on going to Portand and then along the coast line to begin, but from there we have no concrete plans.

Any advise or comments would be appreciated.
Never been that far east. I would suggest hitting up the Maine forum or the Vermont/New Hampture guys.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My wife and I did that last summer. Do a search for ridemaine.net. They will send you a book with the state divided up, and things to see. Don't miss Acadia National Park. If you go stop at the Trenton bridge Lobster Pound. It is just before you go across to Bar Harbor. Feel free to contact me if you want more information. Have a great trip, next to Yellowstone it was our second favorite trip. Kirk

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
We rode to Bar harbour last Sept as part of our 35 anniversary trip. It should go without saying that Mt. Washington should be on your list.

I bought my wife a 4 1/2 lb lobster in Bar Harbor. She was still eating lobster for breakfast and it truly was great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts