GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone -

It's been a while since I posted on this forum. Just got traded my 2012 in for a new 2018 DCT Tour, I love this bike, can't get enough of it. Anyways, I made a maintenance log book in MS Word that allows me to track my maintenance. I usually just use a spreadsheet, but I found my self not updating and keeping it current. I really needed something that I could take in the bike and stays with the bike.

This log book has the maintenance schedule for the MY18-19 in the back page and part numbers for commonly used maintenance parts. I'm willing to share this Word document to anyone who like to use it. The PDF file shown here is just to show what it looks like, it looks way better when printed from the Word Document then the PDF shows. When printed double sided, it makes a compact 1/2 sheet book that will easily store with your owners manual in the bike.

Let me know what guys think of this, I can make minor revisions if needed.

Instructions for using this Word Document File:

1. Download this Word Document at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DegnsKFf7ffn1tjM-lv0egRW7sxiM5Ll/view?usp=sharing
2. Make any changes to the information page and bike image (resize to fit)
3. Print whole document just once using double side print mode (Flip on Short Side) 80-100lb card stock paper.
4. Print just pages 3 and 4 double sided as above. Quantity is up to you, I just printed 10, that gives you 44 maintenance records.
5. Fit pages into the proper order and staple at the marks shown on the front cover.
6. Fold at staple line.

NOTE: Don't try to open this in Google Docs, it doesn't display right. If you download this and open in MS Word all is good.

Hope everyone enjoys this!

Bill...

Attachments

·
Banned
435 Posts
Looks nice. I have a 3-ring binder that fits 8.5" x 11" paper. I found that I need that much paper to really document my services. But I think your book certainly looks nicer. I may have to "borrow" some of your styling and apply it to my larger pages.>:):biker:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for putting this out there for us.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@bmclure Thanks for sharing with us! Much appreciated!:yes1:

·
Registered
175 Posts
You did an outstanding job on this. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks for the ".pdf" version. The ".docx" file did not convert well in the Pages application in macOS Mojave. It didn't like some of the fonts and the tables didn't convert. The ".pdf" works just fine. Thanks again.

·
Registered
930 Posts
That is great. I like that.

I have been using an excel spreadsheet of the Honda Maintenance Schedule for many years on my bikes.
I have even added service items that were not listed and make changes to the maintenance schedule as needed.
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts