GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March is just around the corner, and I will have to repay my yearly fee to the Pbase site folks to keep my GL1800 maintenance photo website on line.

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon

If you would like to donate to help keep the site alive, send me an email and I will send you instructions how to donate. Donations anywhere from $3 to $5 are adequete, as I only need about $55 to keep it on line for another year. Once I get $55 volunteered, I will stop taking donations. Eleven volunteers at $5 each will fill the need.

If you would like to donate, send me an email to:
[email protected]

And please don't feel like you need to, as last year I got many more pledges than I actually needed. Also, if you sent me money last year, please don't send any this year.

FYI, Here are the statistics from my Pbase site:

You have 44 galleries and 986 images online.
These pages have been viewed a total of 484,866 times.
Total Storage Used 207 megabytes
Total Gallery Page Views 172,514
Total Image Page Views 312,352

WOW!

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
We would be glad to host your pictures here for free so you won't have to ask for donations. Let us know and we would be glad to set it up for you.

·
Vendor
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Lamont,

Thanks for the offer. Though I worry about the bandwidth requirments, as this site gets lots of hits daily. I also need the ability to easily add, edit, delete, and add/modify text for each photo.

I am working on developing a new (free) site to hold the photos that I hope I can bring on line next year. Well see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, I may get in touch with you.

As of last night, I already had $20 in pledges in the first hour. I expect my mailbox will be full tonight when I get home. Thanks guys for the support!

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
Re: Thanks

Fred H. said:
Lamont,

Thanks for the offer. Though I worry about the bandwidth requirments, as this site gets lots of hits daily. I also need the ability to easily add, edit, delete, and add/modify text for each photo.

I am working on developing a new (free) site to hold the photos that I hope I can bring on line next year. Well see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, I may get in touch with you.

As of last night, I already had $20 in pledges in the first hour. I expect my mailbox will be full tonight when I get home. Thanks guys for the support!
Bandwidth is not a problem, we have our own server and are paying for 1000 gigs a month right now. As far as having the same control you have now is not a problem ether, you would still be able to do all those things with no problem. Lets us know if we can help

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fred- You have email! Count me in, your site provides a valuable service to us all. Sure should be worth 5 bucks to anyone who uses it.
All the best. :D

·
Vendor
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Everyone!

Thanks everyone, I got overwhelming responses and now have enough donations, so I don't need any more.

I also hope to do a maintenance video in the coming year that I will be circulating, free of charge of course. I may also start up a new web site for maintenance data/photos/videos that I am looking into.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts