GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
for those of you who dont have these tapes they are worth every penny. I have used them many times and they really do help

N Ga Rider

Thanks Fred............... :D

·
Vendor
21,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
icing777 said:
Fred, do you accept PayPal?
Thanks!
The distributor takes all the major credit cards, but Pay Pal is not an option. You can order right off the secure web site via credit card, or you can phone in your order during business hours (8am-5pm central M-F).

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
N Ga Rider said:
for those of you who dont have these tapes they are worth every penny. I have used them many times and they really do help

N Ga Rider

Thanks Fred............... :D
I must have gotten ripped off -- I didn't get any tapes. All I got was DVDs of Fred -- lot's of Fred's hands, a few of Fred's feet, and some raing in the background. Did the tapes include Fred's lovely wife as helper?

Seriously, as a motorcycle-wrenching neophtye who sometimes wonders where they can find the people that write directions so difficult to understand, Fred's DVDs are awesome. I honestly take them with me when I travel in case something happens on the road and I may need to work on something I am not familiar with. I honestly would not be afraid to attempt a rear tire change on the road for the first time as long as I had Fred's DVDs with me. (Who knows, maybe the tapes are even better.)

These are a GREAT investment in your Wing. And they are one of the few expenses that I would call an investment. They will save you money in the long run and make you much more confident working on your bike and talking to mechanics when the work is over your head.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I was so proud to have taken the top shelter off, I wanted to invite the
neighbors over to see how great I was. :lol: I never would have
attempted it without fred's DVDs.

I adjusted my cruise control & ran some wires for a volt meter underneath
the right side pocket. I went conservative with 3 full turns on the cruise.
4 would have been best, but it is much better then before. I numbered
my bolts with a little marker via a Fred Tip. :yes1:

I have only watched the parts of the DVDs I wanted to so far.

Herb

P.S. For you 2006 & up onwers, there is some small tupperware changes
I think I have read on this board.

W

·
0 Posts
Like I wrote before, even if you never use Fred's CD's as a maintance tool, just to see what's all under the tupperware is a treat in it selve.

One of these day's when I collect the needed supplies, antifreeze, water-wetter etc. I'll tackle my coolant change.

Thanks Fred, and best money I ever spent.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
P.S. For you 2006 & up onwers, there is some small tupperware changes
I think I have read on this board.
Yes, I think mostly in the upper (gages) cover. Here's how it comes off FYI.......(*DON'T TRY TO REMOVE THE SPEAKER COVERS* )
remove the plastic trim around the ignition, pull up on the "tupperware" at this area it is on grommets and will come loose.....then pull away at the top sort of near the speakers...also on grommets. then remove the wires for the tweeters, and the "information display" underneath. walla!

There may be a bolt or two in there before you do all this, I don't recall.....but of course look for them first!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered a copy for my entertainment - hrs of wenching (err I mean wrenching). Sorry, that's a different window. How are these CDs shipped? I didn't see it on the home pg. US Mail, FEDEX, UPS ??? Armadillo sled ?

donho

·
Vendor
21,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DonHo said:
I just ordered a copy for my entertainment - hrs of wenching (err I mean wrenching). Sorry, that's a different window. How are these CDs shipped? I didn't see it on the home pg. US Mail, FEDEX, UPS ??? Armadillo sled ?
They won't let us use the Armadillo anymore. Some nonsense about mammal cruelty. He tended to be a bit slow anyway and we all got tired of complaints about him rooting around in folks gardens after delivery.

I believe they are now going either UPS or FEDEX. Delivery is usually 2-3 days after you order.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well I bought my set from Fred a while ago. Recently I wanted to start viewing them, so a began to look for them. Hmm, did I loan them to someone? The only guy I could think of said, "No, you didn't loan them to me." So I looked everywhere I could think of, to no avail.

So tonight I placed an order for my second set and I hope to get to watch these before I lose them!!

Thanks, Fred!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hey Kennharvey,
Since you ordered a second set, you know sure as hell the other set will suddenly appear from no where. You can give them to me, since two sets wont do you any good. :yes:

·
Registered
377 Posts
OK Fred ,You got me!
I just placed my order.
I just can't pass a good deal! :lol:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just ordered me a set.....probably better hands-on info than a service manual.... Hope so anyway.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Fred!

I've almost ordered your DVD's several times but this time I finally broke down. My local dealer charges $85 labor for each tire changed and I am hoping to take this on myself.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Got them ordered today. Thanks Fred, and we need to do the Hard 8 again. I really enjoyed meeting you guys!

Danny

1 - 20 of 28 Posts