GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode 300 miles yesterday. Weather was good, roads were great, found some good twisties and straight aways to open "Sweet Thang" up.

Problem: Since the scenery was kinda blah, Annette (Wife,SO, Bud, Friend, Partner,etc) paid a little more attention to the speedometer. Needless to say, she did not buy my reason: "Needed to blow the soot out".

MAN I LOVE "SWEET THANG"

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
that is the great thing about the GL1800 and that being with wife installed in seat, speed limit warning is activated. The one way to deactivate this device is to turn off the intercom.

Dan L

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Danl said:
that is the great thing about the GL1800 and that being with wife installed in seat, speed limit warning is activated. The one way to deactivate this device is to turn off the intercom.

Dan L
I guess your's didn't come with the kindney punch manual warning indicator! Lucky you :p

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I don't know about you guys but my wife dose'nt need an intercom .She just smacks me on the helmet.
**** :cus: :cus:
:yw1:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
thats why my wifes handle is TBB (THROTTLE BOSS BARB) if the speedo hits a "large" number, I start getting a verbal warning, if the trend continues. I get a tap on the shoulder WITH a verbal, and if I don't slow down, I get a verbal warning, several head/helmet slaps with screaming involved, which as you know can be most annoying :shock:

the only time I was allowed to "open her up" was coming out of Detroit on I-75 south, it was under construction,everyone was traveling 80-90MPH and TBB was getting real nervous about being surrounded by cagers that couldn't careless, she said "get me outa here".

I found an opening and cranked MR HVAC to 125 mph,(TB told me thats what she saw on the speedo, I was'nt looking down :D ) and held it there for about 5 mins.

It is truly amazing how far one travels at the speed, :D

of course after we got 'clear' of traffic. the TB kicked in again, and it was back to walking speed (75-MPH) :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
ya she useually doesn't say anything till I get I get to triple figures :D :D , then she gets a weeee-bit annoyed :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Quiet At Speeds

My SO dosn't say anything at speed. She figures if we are at 100+, no sense in worrying. It will be over real quick if a problem developes. I guess that is from years of riding on backs of sport and sport touring bikes with me . They were much quicker and terminal speeds higher. The Wing is OK for a big bike, but it is NOT a sport bike............. :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
If my wife was on back of my GL1800, something would be wrong! You see that would mean her BMW R1200C was broke down!!! As far as being told to slow down.........she is pushing me in the twisty's!!!! It is great to have an SO that loves to ride as much as I do, and the same type of riding TWISTY'S!!!!

Jim
St. Louis, MO.

·
Registered
441 Posts
paid a little more attention to the speedometer

See, I don't have that problem. When she's pushed up against the back of the seat all of the time, she can't lean forward to see it! Besides, she can't see over me... :lol: :D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
The best way to avoid these problems is to buy her her own bike, then all you have to do is try to keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I guess I'm lucky. My wife never says a thing about my driving or the speed we're going. In fact, the faster I take it, the more she laughs. She loves 100+mph. I guess she knows I wouldn't put up with a kidney punch, or a slap to the head. :x

http://www.angelfire.com/in4/wingnut

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Yup

Sherry never says a thing about the speed, til I slow down. Gee's it feels like we're crawling, lets go ! Sooooooooooooooo I getty up and Goooooo !

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I guess you guys are blessed. My wife won't ride with me, no matter what. So ... no one but my own conscience to dictate speed, etc. However, at my advanced age, I really appreciate a day like today - just moseying along on the back roads about 5 UNDER the speed limit. No traffic to hold up and I got to really enjoy the drab scenery in the area south of Weatherford. Didn't make to the Hrd Eight in Stephenville, but chose a Cracker Barrel, instead.

Great day!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Steve,
I know what you mean and Pamela likes me to kick it up to around 100 and then the part of speed control kicks in and we can't go much faster without my Helment making alot of noise.
We will see you in March at the 1800 gathering. YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!

8) :oops:

·
Registered
337 Posts
speed

Well I can relate to all that have responded to this post. My EX (thank God) of 21 years of marriage would have bitched at speeds over 70. My girlfriend of over 3 years now only says cant you go faster? :D Yes I really love this girl!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.