GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
get the usb ant. and same software as the Garmin units plus current maps for about $75.00 works great on my 10" lenovo
tom

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

I found a Garmin GPS 10x on Ebay for $20 and downloaded the N-Route software for free off their web site.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gps

I have enroute also but the Garmin Mobile is soooo much better , same interface as the new Gps units plus ya get 2009 maps

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
get the usb ant. and same software as the Garmin units plus current maps for about $75.00 works great on my 10" lenovo
tom
Why? Wouldn't you then have to keep the laptop on all the time and need with a couple of bungee cords to stick it to the handlebars? :shock:

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Why? Wouldn't you then have to keep the laptop on all the time and need with a couple of bungee cords to stick it to the handlebars? :shock:
...and a big ziploc baggie to keep the rain off. Not to mention what you have to do if you decide to stop for lunch...:?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No.... But I can route and ck my progress , even change my route ,in the motel room plus ck my E-mail
tom

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
My very first GPS that I used in the car was my old Dell notebook running Delorme Maps with their big yellow GPS receiver sitting up on the ash. And no USP ports either..., a 9-pin serial connector that had to be "tweaked". This was in the mid 90's, and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.:lol:

-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts