GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Phoenix today, drove down in the cage yesterday for business today and tomorrow. It was 75 F. when we got here, dropped down to about 50 F. last night. We haven't seen a 50 F. day at home in 2 1/2 months!!! Tons of motorcycles on the road yesterday....heck, I was still hearing them at 2:00 this morning. It's just not fair.....

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Andy,

You did not have to post this ya know....LOL

Wish there was some way for us northerners to filter out all posts that originate in areas that are 50 degrees F, or higher.

Lamont, Mellow? you guys got a fix for this?

Bulldog

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
it was almost 80 degrees this week in wisconsin.

ya it was 15 on sat

12 on friday

9 on thursday

add them all up and almost 80

just remember that phoenix like wisconsin , is a seasonal place to ride.

we have 5 months of frozen winter.

phoenix has that dry heat in the summer--but then my oven also has dry heat when i bake a pizza.

loren

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Hey Dawg there was only about three hundred bikes on the hill yesterday, and there was snow. The only difference is the snow was about 90 miles away on the mountain tops.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Us natives to Az ride in the dry heat too. 8)

I put 300 miles on my wing on sunday. Up Yarnell hill from Wickenburg through Prescott and down the I-10 back into Phoenix. Then on back home to the Gilbert area.... I did wear my heavier gloves up in the Prescott area. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's the best looking pile of Wing I think I've ever seen.
Thanks Jim, so you like my pile'o'wing, huh!

You should see it now, the front faring is off too. The only orange left is the trunk and saddlebags. At least I got my steering head bearings adjusted today and my air cleaner changed and the crusie control put back into adjustment. Now to do some of what I do best, lighting!

·
Registered
263 Posts
How do you think I feel. Bought my bike last weekend and havn't even gotten a ride in although I did move it from the front to ther back in the garage. lol

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey Dawg, watch out for this deepfeet fellow. He's going to pass you if you ain't careful! :) He already has 10 posts in just 10 days on the board. :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
The Little weather thing

When I got up this morning I looked out the window the sky was
blue and the sun ws shining. A perfect day for a ride until I went outside
and found out it was 10 degrees. I am a transplant to Illinois and my buddies in California are always sending my photos and telling me what time their rides are going to start and wondering if I am going to be there.

Andy, where I can get that little weather bar you have on your post? I figure if I have that I will not be fooled by the view out my window

Dick

·
Registered
276 Posts
I thought that maybe you were going to change the color of your bike.
Hi There Phil,

I would, but there isn't another one I like any better right now than Orange. I would however like it better if I could ride it tomorrow...

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Yeah, its about 90 here.
45 to the north, 45 to the south.
That make 90, right?

Did get in a ride today, though.
150 miles of being wrapped up in
the 'Gerbing of Union' suit.
Had it set on "well done"!!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok Bulldog, if it makes you feel better, we drove home from Phoenix yesterday, driving in snow for about the last 200 miles. Woke up this morning to 4" of the white stuff and 20 F.

Reality bites........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts