GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
don’t know about the rest of you, but here in Nevada it is hot!

Gonna take a break from riding, ATGATT does NOT work in 100* plus temps.....

What’s the weather like where YOU are....

Mattbcnv

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It has been high 80’s to low 90’s for the last week and a half here in Michigan. With our normal high humidity it is downright uncomfortable . I have been riding in the morning and evening but middays are out for. right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
934 Posts
Huntsville Alabama all week here 90's at 74% humidity!

Greg
2004 GL1800
Rider 123, 2019 Tour of Honor
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts
92 here today and took a 200 mile ride. Still ATGATT full black leathers for me. Was rather comfortable all day until 4 HD riders and their wives walked past my bike and one of the guys yells out “How would you like to ride on that POS and they all laughed. Oh well, I guess a Gold Wing is not for everyone.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've lived in Vegas since 2012 and this spring and beginning of summer have been nothing short of amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
92 here today and took a 200 mile ride. Still ATGATT full black leathers for me. Was rather comfortable all day until 4 HD riders and their wives walked past my bike and one of the guys yells out “How would you like to ride on that POS and they all laughed. Oh well, I guess a Gold Wing is not for everyone.
I've owned 3 Harleys and 2 Hondas and I loved them all. Still loving on my two Hondas.

Regardless of what you ride, we ride. That's what matters. Riders, bikers, whatever you call yourself, we need to stick together. No need for this kind of attitude.

2008 Level 3 Pearl White Honda Goldwing

2014 Honda Blue CTX1300 Standard - For Sale in Vegas

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
90 in Salt Lake City, took grandsons for rides.

Reactions: gringgo

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
100’s here and our summer afternoon rainy season is just starting.

We had a great spring early summer this year.

I trailered our bikes up to Colorado for a week in early June. Great time.

My local riding will be restricted to mornings and evenings until fall.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I would say their attitude defines who they are.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mid 90's here with high humidity and rain daily. Since I work outside all week on weekends Big Blue and me are hiding inside!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
A little windy on and off, but temps in the 70's and 80's. Should be close to 90 next weekend.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You don't know what hot is... 102 here now heading to 113 on Friday.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hot and getting hotter. Low to mid 90's so far. When it hits mid 90's then the wet vests are thrown in ice water for about 2 minutes. We then slap on the vests, put the billfold and cell phone in the trunk, pull on the riding jacket, gloves, all the other ATGATT and head on down the road. About an hour and half later we repeat and head on down the road again. We just wanna ride!!!!:grin2:

·
Registered
460 Posts
No doubt!

Came back to Texas from Colorado on the 4th. Dealing with the heat on my ride up on the 29th 101F. I decided to do a night ride home. Left Dalheart TX 9:00 PM arrived home 4:30 AM. Highest temp a pleasant 82F. One way to avoid the heat. Took a day or so to recover but the night ride was fun.

Great trip, had the pleasure to meet up with 1096dad. Already thinking about next year. Gunnison - Montrose area is GREAT!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Mid to high 80's and severe thunderstorms every day.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Low to High 90s, high humidity and possible thunder storms daily.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
High 80s to low 90s here, with frequent PM showers. Works for me. Still ATGATT (Darien) but must stay hydrated. Must admit I am wimping out in older age, and only good to about 100, but that's not likely in these parts.

Enjoy! All too soon, we'll be whining about the cool/cold weather.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Good to hear from ya Matt. It's been mid to high 80s here in Ohio. Plenty hot for me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts