GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Yea, and I just learned that the a/c 2012 I ordered is the audio/comfort model... I thought it meant air conditioning. :joke:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
the long term temperature forecasts are all for "A" ..Above average temps

while the long term rain forecasts are for "B" .. Below Average

Long Term Forcasts

Dennis

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Last two days have been hotter than Hell riding through Illinois, Missouri and Arkansas. Doesn't look like Texas is going to be much better...

http://cruiseman2011.blogspot.com/2011/07/and-heat-goes-on.html

I hear ya.....temps were reasonable til Sunday afternoon. Was low 80s when I left Illinois Sunday Am. By the time I got to the KC area, it was mid 90s, and has been going up since.

Temps in the KC area today are hovering just over 100.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Normally, I'd tell you to come back to Michigan, but, all that heat is heading this way. Sorry.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Good news, summer is here! I don't mind the heat, hate the cold though. I enjoy heat actually. I've been through Arkansas, Texas, Las Vegas, Miami. I've seen um all in the summer and they are hot, well that is summer and summer is the best time of the year.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
you could be here. It's supposed to be as high as 119 tomorrow:oops:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Forecast was for 90 here in northern Indiana today and instead we had 70 all day go figure.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
you could be here. It's supposed to be as high as 119 tomorrow:oops:
I never been through that, but remember Las Vegas at 113 degrees on a GL1200. A GL1200 at 113 is about the same as a GL1800 at 130 so I think I would still be OK.

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
I just travelled thru metro Phoenix about 9pm tonite ...ambient temp indicated was 107*F..

103*F here at the house when I got home 9:30pm

·
Registered
361 Posts
hot

I hear ya.....temps were reasonable til Sunday afternoon. Was low 80s when I left Illinois Sunday Am. By the time I got to the KC area, it was mid 90s, and has been going up since.

Temps in the KC area today are hovering just over 100.
try installing a oil temp guage and see how hot the crankcase gets,,those air cooled bikes almost boil the oil.

·
15 year Member
6,934 Posts
112 here tommorrow, but it will also include 40 mph "blacksmith furnace type" winds, so not only are you hot as hell, the wind make it hotter than hot as hell..

Matt(BCNV) :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
112 here tommorrow, but it will also include 40 mph "blacksmith furnace type" winds, so not only are you hot as hell, the wind make it hotter than hot as hell..Matt(BCNV) :confused:
...gotta love Nevada..
Oct is beautiful
The rest of the year is either
hot and windy or
cold and windy.
:)

Dennis

1 - 20 of 43 Posts