GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've gotten similar reactions from people a few times too.

A few weeks ago in central PA I stopped to get gas and snacks at a gas station. When I came back out a few Harley riders had parked next to me and were looking at my Wing. They asked me what it was and I told them it was a Goldwing, and they didn't believe me! I literally had to prove to them that it was a Goldwing, LOL! They had no idea it had been redesigned.

No lie, but I've gotten more attention from strangers on my Wing in the past year than I ever did on my Harleys. I ticks my brother off, he rides a Street Glide! :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've come out to find people looking at the bike numerous times since I got it. Rarely happened with my previous one.

Not a reason to get a new bike, but it doesn't exactly upset you, either. ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
It is a good looking bike!

Last summer, me and a buddy rode into to the HD dealer at which he bought his bike. I was on the Wing pictured in my avatar. He was on is 2016 Road Glide, which is a beautiful copper color. A salesman was sitting on a bench outside having a smoke. As soon as I parked he was out of his seat, looking at the Wing and asking lots of questions. He had read about the new Wing, but mine was the first he'd seen in person. He commented, "awesome bike". I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've also come out from a store to find someone standing around the bike to talk to me about it. I agree, man that is a good looking bike!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the funny part is that he said "it looks like a Goldwing but it's not". I had to educate him.

Also been called a BMW once but I'm used to that as I used to have an ST1300.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
"Man that's a good looking bike, it looks like a Goldwing but it's not".

According to the guy sitting on the bench when I parked at Mcdonalds.:laugh:
I agree with everything the guy on the bench said.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I think the funny part is that he said "it looks like a Goldwing but it's not". I had to educate him...
Yea, has above, there are a few on this board who would agree with him....>:)

Oh... I kid.... :wink2:

My rides never cease to amaze me how many folks love talking to us seeing we're riding bikes, out traveling having a good time...

And it's always "Man, I always wanted a bike but my wife wouldn't let me.... " , "Man, I use to have a bike but my wife made me give it up... " ; "Man, I have a bike but it's broken and the shop wants a $1000 to fix it..." ; "Man, I have a bike but my back is.... her back is... .... dang, I just can't do it anymore...."

I reassure them we're having a good time.... Guys, go forth and enjoy your riding, there are a lot of folks who wish they could do what we do everyday...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Was at the doctor's office a few days ago. One of his staff saw my bike in the parking lot. When I was in the office with my riding jacket on, she asked if it was mine. I said yes and she proceeded to say how nice it looked. The tech taking my vitals said she was going out to look at it after she was done with me.

Reactions: RickLB

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
I too am stopped usually by 01-17 wing owners asking me how I like the bike. Harley riders are usually working on their bikes or picking up parts & are too busy to talk bikes

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yesterday a couple friends and I went up to Rock Island State Park to walk the trail that best shows the Twin Falls. The brother of one of the other riders had recently bought a Harley, but mentioned he was going to actually go and buy a new 'Wing. He bought the Harley because the dealer made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I mention this because at the parking lot he said that my 'Wing was a really good looking bike and would have bought one if not for the deal he made with the dealer. Made me think of this thread. I have to agree though as the styling of this generation 'Wing does make for a really good-looking motorcycle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts