GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided that when I’m posting on a thread, any thread, and someone wants to argue or turn it into a pissing match, I’m going to step away and delete my posts in the thread. I’m not here to beat my chest and prove I’m right and someone else is wrong. I’m here to contribute helpful information if I can. I’m not going deal with ego’s and mannerless people.:cus:

Note: If you post to a thread and change your mind and delete or edit it, the original version still comes to the other poster’s email address. Just some food for thought...:serious:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Thanks for all your assistance over the years, and I fully support your position on "manners". Like common sense; some folks just don't have it.

·
Administrator
4,590 Posts
Understand where you are coming from Rob, but I really hope you don't do that. You supply such valuable information, keep postin' away. Let us deal with the few that get out of hand. And the other members are very good with notifying us when we can't see everything.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Yes!! Like Bob said!! You are a very valuable asset to this forum. If you have a problem with someone send Bob a PM or flag their post and this will bring it to the attention of the moderators.

Reactions: Glockjock

·
Registered
881 Posts
I agree and am doing the same. I assume you are referring to the post I deleted yesterday. I also will not try to correct people who insist on giving bad info. I left this board for three or four years for just that reason and am ready to do it again.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Sadly, manners are a disappearing thing.

Reactions: gulfrider

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I have decided that when I’m posting on a thread, any thread, and someone wants to argue or turn it into a pissing match, I’m going to step away and delete my posts in the thread. I’m not here to beat my chest and prove I’m right and someone else is wrong. I’m here to contribute helpful information if I can. I’m not going deal with ego’s and mannerless people.:cus:

Note: If you post to a thread and change your mind and delete or edit it, the original version still comes to the other poster’s email address. Just some food for thought...:serious:

So true! ... some people just like to argue regardless. When we discover those people they should be called out. You have to have tough skin but it’s hard ... when you are just trying to help someone by sharing your experiences or expertise.

I for one greatly appreciate you and your expertise to help assist others. You have help me over the years and I truly appreciate you participating on this forum over the years

Donnie

Reactions: lyle doverspike

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I agree and am doing the same. I assume you are referring to the post I deleted yesterday. I also will not try to correct people who insist on giving bad info. I left this board for three or four years for just that reason and am ready to do it again.
Yes, and instead of discussing how that’s even possible you decided to rant and beat your chest. I didn’t call you out by name and I didn’t start this thread to hash anything out. You don’t have to leave this board, but learning how to discuss a topic like adults might be a good class to take. I appreciate your contributions just like everyone else’s. That’s what makes this board work. I’m not always right and I appreciate it when I’m corrected with a civil discussion, I’m not too old to learn and welcome it.

·
Administrator
517 Posts
Techdude2000, you are a very valuable and appreciated member and contributor to this board as is Fred H. Post away to your heart's content as you have helped many. Lately, some individuals have been pretty "snarky" and rude with their posts resulting in "adult urination contests."

Bullet Bob, myself, and the rest of the "team" are not going to tolerate rude and "snarky" posts/threads and people getting into "adult urination contests." The posts/threads are going to get deleted. Failure to comply is going to result in people getting "time outs" from posting on the board.

Keep up the good work, Techdude2000.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.