GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the best service/repair manual for a 2010 Wing, Clymer or Honda? All advice appreciated.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Which is the best service/repair manual for a 2010 Wing, Clymer or Honda? All advice appreciated.
Depends on if you can read a service manual....BTW, not a smart ass answer. The Honda manual assumes you are a knowledgeable mechanic, Clymer doesn't. If you know how to read a service manual and have reasonable skills the Honda manual is better.

·
Registered
261 Posts
In my opinion the only manual worth owning is the official Honda one.
If you're planning on doing your own maintenence it's worth the extra money.

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depends on if you can read a service manual....BTW, not a smart ass answer. The Honda manual assumes you are a knowledgeable mechanic, Clymer doesn't. If you know how to read a service manual and have reasonable skills the Honda manual is better.
Excellent advice. I certainly would not be considered a knowledgeable mechanic. I do my own oil changes, minor adjustments, change plugs, take off tires to have the dealer mount, etc. I'm thinking that the Clymer may be for me. As far as my ST1300A, I've never had a problem using the Honda service manual. But the simpler the better for me!!! Plus, my 2010 Wing is under warranty until January 2018, so anything major will be fixed by the dealer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I like to have both, but if only one ....... then I totally agree with the response from Bubba1 as the best way to go.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

I don't know about Clymer's Honda manuals, but in general every time I've bought a Clymer manual I have been disappointed and ended up buying a factory manual eventually. So now I skip right to the end of that process and just buy factory manuals.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
HONDA

And I'm only mildly mechanical

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
The most repeated sentence in Clymer is "Should be done by professional service center only."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Personally, from someone who had never changed oil in anything, to doing most of my own service and all accessory installs, I highly recommend the official Honda Service Manual. It is well worth the $15-$20 difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts