GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have CN Rev 8 running 3.3 software

Howcome when I try to establish a waypoint by address it cant find the data. However, If I go to the map and fumble around I can find the street.

Also if you go to the the town twn and type in a street it goes to a drop down list and the you may or may not find the street on the list, buts its in the map detail. This software is really starting to PMO

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I keep telling you.....

you should'a bought an iWay! :duck:

MapSource definitely isn't as intuitive and user-friendly as the 'Find' function on the GPS, is it?

Here's what I've found works for me:

(target address):
US Post Office
27510 SE Kent Kangley Rd
Ravensdale, WA

• Find -> Places -> Address
    [list:3e1kt0b8](I normally press the 'Reset' button to start from scratch)
Enter the State (Washington)
Enter the City (Ravensdale)
Type in the address (house number) in the 'Number' field (27510)
  • (Now for the tricky part) :)
Press the 'Select' button to enter the street name/number. If you try to type 'SE Kent Kangley Rd', the selection box will not find a match. MapSource does a better job if you leave off the 'descriptors' (SE, th, nd, etc.), so type the proper name of the street - in this case Kent Kangley.

As you start to type, the program will try to find a match - when you get to 'Kent Ka', the selection box should return a match that reads 'SE Kent Kangley Rd'. (The interesting thing here is that if you try and type 'SE Kent Kangley Rd' (just like it found), it won't return a match for you. This is probably what leads to the 'find frustration')

Select the entry and press the 'Select Street' button.

Now that the entries are all properly entered, you can press the 'Find' button to find the location on the map. From here you can create a waypoint from the result, etc.[/list:u:3e1kt0b8]

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon,

as always thanks for the for the advice and counsel

Now about this I Way thing.

What is an I-Way again what does it do ?

If I remember from seeing posts in the past I thought it was a freight monitor that self reports its a package position from the repair center back and forth to your house.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jon,

You hurt my feelings big guy, we Goldwing people are very sensitive, LOL

Jon,

But on a serious note. I would have preferred the Iway but after watching this forum for quite a period of time and looking at otherv data sources I just don't have the time or tenacity to deal with the issues I kept reading about.

In addition, I got such a buy on this a $551.00 in my hands I just couldn't let it pass by.

I have had a couple of software issues with it as far as USB drivers etc. However, i have had Garmin products before for other applications. Garmin software people solved this issue in 31 sec's.

Their customer and in most cases their Prod support people are very responsive.

I am pretty keyboard qualified, its just sometimes I don't have time to study for the test. So, if someone has an answer to question 32 I will ask.

You and the other people on the forum are super and I also try to help out if I happen to know the answer to any of the test questions.

Now what that I-Way do again, LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts