GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is not for everyone, but, if you like having a road Atlas open and easy to glance at while riding back roads this is the answer.
Holds an entire spiral-bound 8-1/2” X 11” Road Atlas of North America open on a table between the handle-bars. No modifications needed, just replace two bolts.
When not needed, it can be removed in 2-3 seconds by turning two quick-release pins and pulling a stub connector. This leaves the mounting bar connected to the handle-bars. One-of-a-kind, all aluminum construction and powder coated. Non-skid backing and elastic cords keep the pages from blowing. I can usually travel a full day with a single page displayed. If it rains I slip the Atlas into a clear plastic bag. I’ve used it on two bikes even though both had GPS. Since I rarely have a destination, I like the flexibility of seeing the alternatives a map provides.

Will fit on 01-17 models, BUT works best on the models with radio controls on the left side panel. On others it covers the radio controls. I didn’t mind as I never use a radio. Angled so in a crash your body can't make contact with it.

Used, but made to last a life-time.
$58.00 including shipping within CONUS.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
The pics makes it look like the device blocks acces to many of the buttons...does it?

Now this looks some good old school technology, somtimes there is just nothing that beats a paper map, but I will stick to my GPS or Phone for maps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The pics makes it look like the device blocks acces to many of the buttons...does it?

Now this looks some good old school technology, somtimes there is just nothing that beats a paper map, but I will stick to my GPS or Phone for maps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That’s correct, as I said, on some models it obscures the radio but on ‘12+ the radio controls were moved to the left side panel. I used it on both versions. I have no use for additional noise on a M/C so I didn’t care if they were covered.
To each his own.... I much prefer to see a large view of the country I’m traveling through and GPS doesn’t do it for me.

And, YES, it’s definitely “Old School”, I also don’t have an I-phone grafted to my left hand!
As I said... “It’s not for everyone"....

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
...looks like it would double as a Pizza Holder too!

I love it, either way!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Interested but my OEM handlebars are wider than the original factory setting. Is there any adjustment for width? Could you shoot me some close up pics of how it mounts?
Also, when the table is removed from the mount does it fit in the trunk or saddlebag?
'Preciate any info.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m sorry I didn’t see your post until now. It mounts to the bottom bolt on the clutch and brake levers. I did not try to provide adjustment so if you width between the two bolts is different than stock it would not work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts