GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Looks like plans are coming together.

All you can eat - Pancakes & Homemade Maple Syrup
3/14 @0900(kick stands up) - Meet IHop Restaurant Rte.29N, Warrenton
Weather date; 3/15, 3/21

ETA approx.1pm Highland Elementry School, Moon Myers Rd(off Rte.250). Monterey Va.
Those coming from other directions - well see you there:coffee1:

PM me for a phone # if needed. Byron

Additional information available at the following link;

http://www.highlandcounty.org/maple.htm

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Byron,

The wife and I are set to go....we are leaving from the Richmond area....maybe we could all meet up in Staunton & ride to the Maplefest from there?

PM sent....

Mark

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Mark, I am trying to get my wife interested. It might still be cold then so we will see. Any plan on your leaving time yet? "Streets" says it is about 165 miles from my home if I go up I-64. I am also considering spending the night somewhere out there.

Also I am considering this even if it is cold and we have to cage it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If I was coming from Warrenton, I would take rt 211 over to New Market and then hop on Rt 42 down to Rt 250 in Churchville.

And that is why I would suggest Churchville as a place to meet. At the intersection of Rt 42 and 250, there is a shopping center with a gas station and a hamburger joint(shouldn't need to eat but someone might want a drink or potty.)

This allows for those coming from Richmond to get through Staunton with a smaller group and keeps those coming from Warrenton off the superslap if that is what they want.

just a thought.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Mark, I am trying to get my wife interested. It might still be cold then so we will see. Any plan on your leaving time yet? "Streets" says it is about 165 miles from my home if I go up I-64. I am also considering spending the night somewhere out there.

Also I am considering this even if it is cold and we have to cage it.
Harvey....The mileage (or time) from Warrenton to Staunton is almost exactly the same... I figure if we leave from Midlothian at around 9:00 am we should all meet up in Staunton the same time...(or Churchville) It doesn't matter to me as long as we're riding!!! I hope the weather is good on the 14th...if not we would not be able to go the following weekend.

Let's see who else signs up then we can determine a route...yes???

Mark

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
As it gets closer to the 15th the wife and I might be able to make it.

Bch Wg,

The date of the ride is the 14th...the 15th is a rainout date....FYI... We hope you can make it the more the merrier!:thumbup:

Mark

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Mark, just curious, what is the bike in the photo of I guess Deals Gap or any one of much better roads in VA? Mark, If I were coming from Warrenton, I would avoid I-81 at all costs. Rt 42 is a lot more fun and more scenic. Certainly if we were to meet in Staunton, the Sheetz right off the interstate on on Rt 250 is a great place with gas, drinks, and potties(when you get to 60, you do plan for the potty breaks)

Mike, I do hope the 14th will work for you and Linda.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
looks like RT 211 to me :roll:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Mark, just curious, what is the bike in the photo of I guess Deals Gap or any one of much better roads in VA? Mark, If I were coming from Warrenton, I would avoid I-81 at all costs. Rt 42 is a lot more fun and more scenic. Certainly if we were to meet in Staunton, the Sheetz right off the interstate on on Rt 250 is a great place with gas, drinks, and potties(when you get to 60, you do plan for the potty breaks)

Mike, I do hope the 14th will work for you and Linda.
Harvey....you are correct...it is Deals Gap...The wife & I on my previous ride(before the wing) Last May...It's an '06 Suzuki Katana...awesome bike, I do miss her. But not that much....

Any way you want to go....we could meet @ the Wa-Wa on 250 in Short Pump & ride from there....either take 250 all the way to Staunton or run 64....
Let me know.

Mark

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Mark, Do you normally come over to I-64 by 288 or perhaps the Willey bridge? I was sort of assuming you probably would use 288 and really was thinking about one of the gas stations at the first exit in Hanover, I think Exit 173. I normally take I-295 around Richmond just to avoid the hassles if I am headed to I-64 west.

And if MIke and Linda are coming from VA BEACH, we need a location convenient for them. Unless I meet up with them on this side of town and then we could meet at the WAWA or further west.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Mark, Do you normally come over to I-64 by 288 or perhaps the Willey bridge? I was sort of assuming you probably would use 288 and really was thinking about one of the gas stations at the first exit in Hanover, I think Exit 173. I normally take I-295 around Richmond just to avoid the hassles if I am headed to I-64 west.

And if MIke and Linda are coming from VA BEACH, we need a location convenient for them. Unless I meet up with them on this side of town and then we could meet at the WAWA or further west.
Yes....I'll be coming up 288...any where west of 288 off 64 ya'll want to meet sounds good to me! :thumbup:

Mark

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
BlkPirate and I are planning on going to the Maple Fest, we were thinking of going down Saturday and coming back sunday BUT we have plans on the 15th so we may not go until the following weekend (the 21st I think). Are you "guys" just going down for the day or staying overnight??

·
Registered
78 Posts
W1ngin1T I am going out of town next week and should be back friday. We are thinking of going to the Maple Sugar Fest. on Sat. and was thinking of following yall up there , if its ok. Mark

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
W1ngin1T I am going out of town next week and should be back friday. We are thinking of going to the Maple Sugar Fest. on Sat. and was thinking of following yall up there , if its ok. Mark
Mark,
No problem....come one come all.....we will be returning on the same day....unless something comes up! :thumbup:

Mark

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I have a CC class on the 15th...I'm not sure what Blondie wants to do...if we go we will return Saturday...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts