GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
800 mi ride last 2 days run google map first day, thought I would try Honda on way back, turn it on everything upside down this is 2nd time its happen once while riding, oh well always good for a laugh, back to google.

·
Love The DCT
12,024 Posts
800 mi ride last 2 days run google map first day, thought I would try Honda on way back, turn it on everything upside down this is 2nd time its happen once while riding, oh well always good for a laugh, back to google.
Go to the map setup menu and set it back to the way you want; North up, (default) Heading up, or Heading up 3D.

:doorag:

·
Registered
16,985 Posts
Every time I ride South, the maps are up-side down. LOL

Now if the alpha-numerics are up-side down, that is another issue.

prs

Reactions: Farmguy

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I like heading up because a right turn on the map is a right turn for the you. North up means everything has to be mentally flipped when travelling south.

·
Registered
16,985 Posts
I like heading up because a right turn on the map is a right turn for the you. North up means everything has to be mentally flipped when travelling south.
Yep. This will sounds nuts, but my Television set is oriented so that I am looking SouthWest to view it. It bugs me. I would feel much better if I could change its placement so that I am looking due North to view. That way the weather maps on TV would be aligned with my orientation. I know, its nuts; but so am I. Heading up on GPS is most natural to me; North up on TV.

prs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts