GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new bug has already been found in Mapsource update 6.15.3.

Any route with duplicate waypoints crashes the program when the route is
re-calculated. So this is primarily an issue for routes with the same
start/end or looping/crossover routes. I have created routes with duplicate
points with the mapping tool and they work fine. They can be saved to disk and opened no problem. The problem occurs during an automatic or manual re-calculation. So essentially you can't change the route because a
re-calculation would be required. If you have any old routes with duplicate
points you will not be able to alter them without eliminating duplicate
waypoints.

It's been verified by a number of users and the recommendation is to not download 6.15.3. If you have then rolling back the upgrade or reinstalling 6.14.1 is the way to go.

Bummer. :-(

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm also on 6.13 for the same reason Fred stated. Sure wish it would draw as fast as ver. 6.13. Oh well guess I have to wait.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
6.15 seems to have helped the re-draw speed, it's not quite as good as 6.13 yet but much better then 6.14. However, there is the bug in the routes containing the same start and end point. I like the map texture of 6.14 and 6.15 maps so I simply find a spot very near the departure point as my second point and I will live with the bug until the publish 6.16.

The "feature" I don't like however with the new versions is no matter what resolution you choose, you still have to zoom down to 2 miles to see many of the minor roads. It makes finding less traveled routes very difficult.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There is a way to work around this problem................... If you use the tools only to create, modify or delete viapoints, the system will recalculate the routes just fine. The problem results when you open "route properties" box and make any changes here AND you have duplicate viapoints or waypoints in the route.

For now, I am staying with this upgrade because I can work around this problem and I like other features more; however, I have the older 6.13.7 in reserve in the event I find other features I do not like.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Where can I get (download) v6.13? I can't find it on Garmins site. I'm still on v6.

When you guys say you "roll back" to a previous version, is that because you have that previous version installer saved on your computer and you just run it, or is there a function in the MapSource software to allow you to run it in various versions?

Thanks!

Here's the versions upgrade specs from Garmin:
http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
You can find previous versions Here. FWIW the link for this site came from Garmin tech support.

BAT

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I have been told by the Garmin Techs that the map source software build on the previous installed version, so you need to have all the versions you have built on installed on the computer. I said to them that this seems like a huge waste of storage space and they pretty much said, "live with it, because you can't change it":wrong:

Not being the tehno freak some are, I am doing as they said and not deleting previous versions. Any one out there that knows better, I will listen.:bow:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I just downloaded the latest version and opened some of my previously built routes. I did the "recalculate" on a number of them and had no problems whatsoever. I did notice an increase of 27 miles on one of the routes that used to be 440 miles. Not a clue why, but it added 27 miles to a route that I had hand-drawn when I built it. I can only hope that the added miles are scenic!

What are the differences between "American English", "American English Jill", and "Australian English Karen"? Thanks!

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I have been told by the Garmin Techs that the map source software build on the previous installed version, so you need to have all the versions you have built on installed on the computer. I said to them that this seems like a huge waste of storage space and they pretty much said, "live with it, because you can't change it":wrong:

Not being the tehno freak some are, I am doing as they said and not deleting previous versions. Any one out there that knows better, I will listen.:bow:
I believe that there may have been some miscommunication going on here. The download is in fact an upgrade version so it needs a previous version to UPGRADE. It will over write the previous version, so it is not keeping more versions on the computer.

Hope this helps!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts