GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i am trying to create multi leg route in mapsource that ends where it begins and get an error message stating, amoung other stuff that my starting/ending waypoint already exists. Now if i omit the last leg of the trip, it will calculate the route. It's only when i try to end the route where it began that i get an error message. I did cut and paste the message to an email to Garmin tech support, but in the meanwhile, does anyone know of this issue with routes and Mapsource? I am running CN North America NT 2009.11

Thanks,

Bill
02 Pearl Orange Abs

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Bill,

If you will send me a copy of your .gdb file, I will fix it and then tell you how I did it. It all depends on how you set up your route.

Also, which version of MapSource are you using? In MapSource, select Help>About MapSource.

My email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
When I've had that problem, I just zoomed in and set the finish point a few hundred yards away from the starting point. Then everything seemed to work. At least it did for me.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
It's was known bug in Mapsource for their first version of 6.15 I believe. If you go to Garmin and download the latest version 6.15.4 they have fixed this problem.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
When I've had that problem, I just zoomed in and set the finish point a few hundred yards away from the starting point. Then everything seemed to work. At least it did for me.
This is an excellent solution. Actually, zoom in even closer and you can set the end point about 30' away!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bartman, Joe and CJ,

Thanks for your speedy and helpful replies!!! I updated my mapsource and it did the trick. My teenage son and i are planning on visiting as many Major League ballparks/games as we can in 2 1/2 weeks this summer and planning our route will make it easier to judge distances and travel times.

Thanks again/

Bill
02 Pearl Orange Abs

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Bartman, Joe and CJ,

Thanks for your speedy and helpful replies!!! I updated my mapsource and it did the trick. My teenage son and i are planning on visiting as many Major League ballparks/games as we can in 2 1/2 weeks this summer and planning our route will make it easier to judge distances and travel times.

Thanks again/

Bill
02 Pearl Orange Abs
Sounds great, send a copy of the .gdb file, I am planning something like that after I retire.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jafi,

Will do. One more question... How do i send the file to you and i can send you our trip log when we get back in august.

Best,
Bill
02 Pearl Orange Abs

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
yes sir, thats what i figured out as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts