GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a copy of Mapsource I could borrow to see how it works? I hate the thought of spending $100+ for a piece of software that I can't try first. I don't care which version it is.

I'll pay for the shipping both ways so you're not out any money. After all, shipping a CD should be fairly cheap.

If you want to sell it and it's version 7 or 8, let me know.

Thanks,

Bartman

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
You can't just load it without the security code. I don't think you are going to anyone willing to do this. Why, because IF you loaded it and then contacted Garmin or sent Garmin an email with the code the other guy who gave you a copy is now screwed big time. Maybe someone who lives by you could invite you over to take a look at it.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Get Garmin Part Number 010-10215-04, MapSource Trip and Waypoint Manager for $29.99.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up on the unlock code. I didn't realize you needed one. I thought it was just software that you loaded to your PC or ran from the DVD drive.

I just discovered something interesting about the 2730....according to Garmin's website: http://www.garmin.com/products/sp2730/ under the section on the right titled "Package Includes," the thrid bullet shows the MapSource® City Navigator North America NT DVD as being included.

So, I just called Garmin and told them I didn't get that DVD and they're sending me one!

Bartman

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Garmin did not include Mapsource with the 2730 when it first came out.

I guess since the GPS came preloaded with all the maps installed they didn't see the need for it, totally ignoring using trip planning/waypoints on the PC.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xxxrider said:
You should have had a CD included in your package. Maybe you accidentally threw it out when you got your new unit.
Absolutely not. I'm very careful to keep thinks like that. I was not in the package.

pshivers said:
Garmin did not include Mapsource with the 2730 when it first came out.

I guess since the GPS came preloaded with all the maps installed they didn't see the need for it, totally ignoring using trip planning/waypoints on the PC.
According to Matt at Garmin, the initial units DID ship with MapSource, but then they stopped including the DVD with the units BECAUSE they were preloaded on the GPS. He said those that have registered units that call and request MapSource, they've been instructed to send it out.

Anyway, it worked out. Now I can start to plan my trip to Cats-Cade, Colorado and Alaska.

Bartman

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,678 Posts
dtbmjax - aka Bartman said:
xxxrider said:
You should have had a CD included in your package. Maybe you accidentally threw it out when you got your new unit.
Absolutely not. I'm very careful to keep thinks like that. I was not in the package.

Bartman

Bart,

Glad you escaped the package. :wink: :D :D

Bob E.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I bought my 2730 last May. It did not come with the dvd. I ordered the dvd from Garmin a couple weeks ago. They charged me 15.00 I think for shipping and handling.
You will love doing the work on the pc, and loading it to the unit is a snap. The only trouble I had was getting the unlock code figured out. The code that came with the 2730 would unlock the unit but would not unlock the program. I had to go to the garmin web site and get a new unlock code for the unit. It's hard to explain but is was not that bad. Good luck

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
robeth said:
dtbmjax - aka Bartman said:
xxxrider said:

Bartman

Bart,

Glad you escaped the package. :wink: :D :D

Bob E.
Oops... :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts