GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
We started the day with 5 riders. From left to right, Chuck, Dave, Steve and Larry with me behind the picture. This pic was taken at our first stop in Marshall. You notice how we are practicing our "social distance" ;-)

Not sure the reason for this. Below are the 4 Arkansas bikes all lined up together.:)

The Nebraska bike was across the parking lot. :)

1585179939069.png

As you can see in the pic below, one rider, Chuck had to break off for home after we left Marshall. This pic was taken on the North end of Push Mountain.

At our last stop, we had three bikes left. Dave broke off to stop by the Drasco Trading Post. This pic was taken in Clinton. Looks like the bikes are getting along a little better now.

This one is to let everyone know what these roads will do to those out of state bikes. Steve said, this tire was in good shape when he left home. One day in the Ozarks!! (y)

We really had a good day. It didn't get as warm as the guessers said it would, but still very nice. Our route for the day is below.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Bob ... thanks for sharing the story with pictures.

It's nice to see everyone having a good ride.

My best to everyone!

Donnie

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Steve got a new front tire mounted at my house last night. Now we are good to go, will be riding over to meet up with @gwhobo in Dover this morning!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
How did you get him to stay put long enough to mount a tire?
No problem, that tire was getting to the point of him not going anywhere.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Our temp got into the mid 80s today. Almost perfect weather for running these Ozark roads. I got in 283 miles today and enjoyed every mile. Below is the route we used.

Today it was myself, Larry and Steve. I didn't take a lot of pictures. Really no excuse for that, just enjoyed the visiting and forgot to get the phone out. Below we are stopped at my favorite Scenic Overlook on highway 7 over looking the Arkansas Grand Canyon. This spot is a few miles south of the Cliff House Inn and Restaurant.

The pic below may look a little familiar. We needed a bathroom stop and this place served us well, again.

Larry and I sure enjoyed having @revrunt with us today. We tired our best to get the most out of the time we had. @gwhobo and I hope to be able to continue this riding service as our adventures in the Ozarks continue.

The only downside is keeping good tires on the bike. I figured this tire would last me until the end of May. From the pic below you can see, that is not going to happen. It now has 4,689 miles on it.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
What brand of tires are you running, I want to buy some stock in that company so I can make a fast buck. ;)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
What brand of tires are you running, I want to buy some stock in that company so I can make a fast buck. ;)
May be too late for that. I have two more in stock! :cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
My total today was 228 fun filled miles!!!
Lots of sun and some wind..red face for me.:mad:
Last chance, for me anyway, to ride in March...
Looking forward a busy April ride schedule (y)
My total mileage for first quarter this year is 2,726

Really enjoyed the visit and riding with @revrunt
And he didn't even get the mega chicken riled up😁

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Hey guys! Thanks for the great roads, rides, but most of the camaraderie! It is always such a joy to meet up with you guys in the morning. It fills the mind with anticipation. Sorry we are not more helpful in the decision making process! Its like asking a kid in a candy store do you want chocolate or licorice? Yes. Do you want M&M’s or chic-O-stick. Yes. You guys are so spoiled we cant even get our minds around a preference!

It is always a joy. It was good to renew acquaintances with Dave and Chuck as well as well as get to chase the red bike and have that trusty silver one faithful guarding my rear view mirror.

Left you guys and made it to Birmingham by 9:30 and was sawing logs by 10. On the road at 7 Friday morning and into Panama City by noon for a What-a-Burger!

Rocky Mountain ATV got the order for a tire on Thursday, late afternoon and it arrived at Monks on Saturday! Oh NO!!! I left some screwdrivers in Monks shop. Awwww, i have to go back next week on my way back home. (Might have to get lost for a day or two). See how easy that was to get another hall pass?

Thanks again, all, for an awesome couple of days!!

p.s. total miles since wed afternoon until noon Saturday 2,100.... love this cheap gas! my wife reported $1.39 in OKC this morning...

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hey guys! Thanks for the great roads, rides, but most of the camaraderie! It is always such a joy to meet up with you guys in the morning. It fills the mind with anticipation. Sorry we are not more helpful in the decision making process! Its like asking a kid in a candy store do you want chocolate or licorice? Yes. Do you want M&M’s or chic-O-stick. Yes. You guys are so spoiled we cant even get our minds around a preference!

It is always a joy. It was good to renew acquaintances with Dave and Chuck as well as well as get to chase the red bike and have that trusty silver one faithful guarding my rear view mirror.

Left you guys and made it to Birmingham by 9:30 and was sawing logs by 10. On the road at 7 Friday morning and into Panama City by noon for a What-a-Burger!

Rocky Mountain ATV got the order for a tire on Thursday, late afternoon and it arrived at Monks on Saturday! Oh NO!!! I left some screwdrivers in Monks shop. Awwww, i have to go back next week on my way back home. (Might have to get lost for a day or two). See how easy that was to get another hall pass?

Thanks again, all, for an awesome couple of days!!

p.s. total miles since wed afternoon until noon Saturday 2,100.... love this cheap gas! my wife reported $1.39 in OKC this morning...

So glad you were able to join us for a couple day!! The only thing that can make riding these great Ozark roads better is good buddies from far off lands joining us!! (y) :)

Dang, I can't believe you "accidentally" left those two screwdrivers. And you knew exactly where they were!!;)
Just hope you can make it back home without having to replace your front tire again. Like I've said, these roads can be tough on tires. Thanks for keeping me in fresh, new tires!!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts