GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 06 that had these things installed. For my use they suck, I always ride solo and constantly in the way getting on off the bike etc.

Since these are mounted to the bike by actually drilling holes in the bike (bad) I need some trype of cover to cover the top of the pivot point (round barrell ) that is inside the chrome mounts. I removed the arm rests and left the chrome mounts. In the center of the mount there is a round barrell that the armrest pivot's on. I need some type of cap to put on them. The round barrell is 7/8"

Or if somebody has ever completely removed these what did you use to fill in the holes drilled in the side of the rear compartments.

Better yet if you have a 06 with comfort package and live in Chicago and want these things your welcome for free but you must pay for the labor for the dealer to swap the necessary parts or come over and do it here.
John

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wingman_micheal said:
A suggestion would be to get a passanger. Do not ride solo, it's no fun :lol:
I ride to get away from that :a13:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
You should be able to get some black rubber plugs for the holes and it wouldn't even be noticeable. I would check at an electronics store, like radio shack or something compareable.

Just a suggestion.

Ride Safe!

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
wingman57 said:
You should be able to get some black rubber plugs for the holes and it wouldn't even be noticeable.
Ace Hardware usually has a decent supply of plugs too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts