GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy a helmet that the color matches the color on my gw? I am looking for a half helmet that I can hook up the intercom in.

·
Registered
19,443 Posts
Consider a contrasting color and you become more visable

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
If your talking about the blue one you will probably have to have them painted locally. We had the local Toyota dealership's body shop paint our HJC half helmets and then added the J&M slip in headsets.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Having them painted might be a thought. The bike came with a couple of white hjc helmets with the intercom. The bad thing is, they are med size. That is the right size for the wife,but I need a couple sizes bigger.

Is that very costly to have them painted?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I bought a CLOSE but NOT perfect match of Pearl Yellow and it cost me $60 for 2 to be painted but I knew the Manager and we ride together but since the same painted has color matched my lower cowls for me and he came out on that. If you buy the HONDA paint be sitting down when you get your price quote.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Be very careful about painting helmets. Solvent based paints and plastic helmets don't go well together. As I understand it, most factory painted helmets are painted with water based paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts