GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to get a spray can size of OEM/OE color-matched paint for my 2008 bike? I have the code; just wondering where to begin with getting the stuff. I don't have a spray gun or that skill, and it's a small job (rear front fender).

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
WARNING! Some of the colors (for example - my '08 Pearl Alpine White) are actually three different layers. It can be pretty expensive by the time you get the minimum quantity of all three colors and get someone to put them in rattle cans for you!

·
Vendor
17,790 Posts
What's the best way to get a spray can size of OEM/OE color-matched paint for my 2008 bike? I have the code; just wondering where to begin with getting the stuff. I don't have a spray gun or that skill, and it's a small job (rear front fender).
What color is your color ???

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
What's the best way to get a spray can size of OEM/OE color-matched paint for my 2008 bike? I have the code;...
It's a Honda colour so I went down to the motor factors, they looked up the code and they mixed up an aerosol while I waited. Give it a go if you have a motor paint supplier local to you.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Drair. I once had a paint match done by my local auto-paint store for a car. He used a special camera, shot my good part to get a color match, and put it in an aerosol can. Now as long as you're not 'taking it to the fair,' that will probably work for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts